10-27-2011 03:59 PM
342 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Go into settings ---> Battery and Data Manager---->data delivery---->social applications, and uncheck sync over wifi only...

for some reason if your phone is set to sync social applications over wifi only, the check for system update will not work over 3g. I've confirmed that unchecking this will allow you to check for updates successfully. It doesnt mean the update will be available for you, but itll at least return something other than an error
    Thanks for the info. Still didn't work, but as you said it atleast seemed like it was checking (via 3G) and didn't bounce back with an error right away. *sigh*
    06-03-2011 03:09 PM
    SouthernSaltine; Big issue for me.... The bottom hard buttons are now controlled by the light sensor (which is great i think) The problem is when you have the phone on the Multimedia station (bedside at night) the hard buttons stay on and are BRIGHT AS HELL! Anyone else find this to happen to them? It makes using my bedside dock worthless now as a bedside clock at night.. I got to get a fix...

EDIT: Oh i am factory, un rooted running Official...

This only happaning to me? Anyone?
    06-03-2011 03:47 PM
    Got the official update - installed on a non rooted phone.

Under settings you have 3 profiles - Each one gives you the seven screens - effectively giving you 21 screens and 3 wallpapers to play with
    1) Home
    2) Work
    3) Weekend

I am sure there is more to discover - those were the first things I noticed
    How do you get to the profiles..I don't see anything under 'Settings'. Thanks.
    06-03-2011 04:30 PM
    SouthernSaltine,
    I can't say that I'm having the same problem as you since I don't use my phone as an alarm, but my hard buttons don't seem to light up at the appropriate times. They do work, and they are very bright, but there were times last night when I thought that the lights should be on and they weren't. Odd and annoying.
    06-03-2011 05:14 PM
    I noticed that after the update my proximity sensor is not working (screen is not going dark when phone is held up to ear). Is anyone else having this issue and does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks.
    06-03-2011 05:39 PM
    How do i get my old keyboard back. I do not like the new GB keyboard. The one i had with froyo was the best. Is there a way to get it back? Thanks!
    06-03-2011 09:31 PM
    How do you get to the profiles..I don't see anything under 'Settings'. Thanks.
    From your home screen

Menu button---->Profiles
    06-03-2011 10:24 PM
    [QUOTE=nmDXaddict;960786]My only two issues so far is that I've been using ADW as my launcher, and I want to check out the new GB stock launcher and every time I hit the home button, it takes me back to ADW...not a bad thing, but really wanted to check out what they have done. The second issue is the grey border around everything. Annoying but I think I can live with it.[/QUOTE
    NmdX - If someone has answered your first issue - oh well, try one of the following to switch to home launcher++ Home Manager, Home Switcher or Launcher Switcher. Tried Home Launcher, liked it. Just moved from an HTC Eris to an X. Much better phone, better form factor, and quicker. Let me know if this helps. Had GB 2.3.3 on the Eris. This build seems to be a more sophisticated version. I am realty enjoying it.

Cheers

Terry
    nmDXaddict likes this.
    06-03-2011 11:19 PM

A minor annoyance though, using Swype, the keys aren't as responsive. I especially have problems with the space key.
    Agree on the swype. Thought is was me.
    06-04-2011 01:09 AM
    Unrooted DX but I didn't wait for the OTA I did the manual (first time even attempting such a thing, I'm rather proud it worked). Maybe that as a mistake. Anyway...here's what I'm noticing.

Don't know if this is a bug or a goofy feature, but now long pressing the "period" on the keyboard requires you to hold your finger down and slide to the punctuation you want. If you lift your finger, like in Froyo, you get a "+".
    --Yes! this is the most obnoxious thing in the world! And long presses move super fast too you almost can't tell what you've selected. I tired going back to swype but I like the keyboard. I will say the cursor/pointer thing is so much better than the "target" of froyo.

--My physical buttons, I now see they are controlled by the light sensor, are ridiculously bright in low light. I wish I could adjust this...

--Sometimes when I remove my phone from it's car dock the speakerphone activates. Only started today and I use my dock a lot. Always with an aux cable. Only way to deactivate speakerphone is to call something and quickly unclick it then end the call. Annoying quirk.

--I have yet to notice any difference to Blur at all. The graphics on the wifi control widget are...sleeker...maybe? I did notice the if you slide your finger up from the launcher dock it will display all of your home screens (Like Leap in HTC sense). Guess this makes up for removing the quick select sceen change keys.

--Anyone know of a way to change the background color on the bottom dock? I miss the transparent Froyo scheme. The flash of white at the bottom just doesn't work.

--One major question though: sometimes on Froyo, I would lose all data connection. I would have full signal but the "down" arrow in my 3G was stuck on. The only way to fix this and restore data was to power off or Airplane mode (which at one point took 5 minutes to activate). No rhyme or reason just like it was stuck in a function it couldn't escape. Now, on GB, the "up" arrow is stuck and I get the same results. Any thoughts on this one?

Overall I like GB. Much faster, nice animations, LOVE the notification bar. Just a few small tweaks...
    06-04-2011 01:40 AM
    very pleased with gb. had an issue with force closing when i first installed due to a launcher but fixed it. great update.
    06-04-2011 05:04 AM
    One thing im happy about is that now the camera recognizes a photo taken in portrait and uploads it in that orientation. Before you would take it in portrait and it would upload to facebook in landscape.

Unfortunately we dont get that for video.
    06-04-2011 08:11 AM
    I really miss the clipboard history that we had on Froyo. Other than that, I'm happy with the update. My X is faster now, and the UI looks *much* better.
    06-04-2011 10:47 AM
    Unrooted DX but I didn't wait for the OTA I did the manual (first time even attempting such a thing, I'm rather proud it worked). Maybe that as a mistake. Anyway...here's what I'm noticing.

--Yes! this is the most obnoxious thing in the world! And long presses move super fast too you almost can't tell what you've selected. I tired going back to swype but I like the keyboard. I will say the cursor/pointer thing is so much better than the "target" of froyo.

--My physical buttons, I now see they are controlled by the light sensor, are ridiculously bright in low light. I wish I could adjust this...

--Sometimes when I remove my phone from it's car dock the speakerphone activates. Only started today and I use my dock a lot. Always with an aux cable. Only way to deactivate speakerphone is to call something and quickly unclick it then end the call. Annoying quirk.

--I have yet to notice any difference to Blur at all. The graphics on the wifi control widget are...sleeker...maybe? I did notice the if you slide your finger up from the launcher dock it will display all of your home screens (Like Leap in HTC sense). Guess this makes up for removing the quick select sceen change keys.

--Anyone know of a way to change the background color on the bottom dock? I miss the transparent Froyo scheme. The flash of white at the bottom just doesn't work.

--One major question though: sometimes on Froyo, I would lose all data connection. I would have full signal but the "down" arrow in my 3G was stuck on. The only way to fix this and restore data was to power off or Airplane mode (which at one point took 5 minutes to activate). No rhyme or reason just like it was stuck in a function it couldn't escape. Now, on GB, the "up" arrow is stuck and I get the same results. Any thoughts on this one?

Overall I like GB. Much faster, nice animations, LOVE the notification bar. Just a few small tweaks...

As I have stated in this thread (somewhere lol), it's just the default nature of the car-dock. Some coder was lazy and didn't add the code to turn OFF speakerphone once removed from the cardock.

You notice no difference? The animations, the widgets, the new color scheme, new launcher, to name a few

Sadly, this is just a part of the phone. Rooting and Rom's can easily fix this. Or just switch to a new launcher all together

Perhaps there is a program hogging data? When you see the "down" arrow, that is indicating a download. Or your phone is pulling data from the network. When you see the "up" arrow, that is indicating your phone is sending data. So either some program of yours is syncing the hell out of your phone, or you have a bad unit!

06-04-2011 11:47 AM
    Has anyone experienced a problem with clicking a phone number in the default browser? I used to be able to search for a business and then just click on the number and it would bring it up in the dialer. Now it just brings up the dialer, but the number is not inserted automatically. That is my one big gripe with GB as I frequently use the voice search to find a business and then just click on the number to call them while I'm driving. I hardly had to even look at the phone.
    06-04-2011 03:37 PM
    Same problem here on swype. Thought I was just stupid pressing the space key.... glad im not the only one. Lol
    06-04-2011 06:33 PM
    After a batter pull I'm good to go now.
    06-05-2011 02:22 AM
    SouthernSaltine; Big issue for me.... The bottom hard buttons are now controlled by the light sensor (which is great i think) The problem is when you have the phone on the Multimedia station (bedside at night) the hard buttons stay on and are BRIGHT AS HELL! Anyone else find this to happen to them? It makes using my bedside dock worthless now as a bedside clock at night.. I got to get a fix...

EDIT: Oh i am factory, un rooted running Official...

This only happaning to me? Anyone?

Same here.
    06-05-2011 11:18 AM
    I keep having to re-pair my Plantronics voyager headset. It says paired but not connected regardless of how I power devices back on. This didn't happen before upgrade.
    06-05-2011 02:13 PM
    Has anyone experienced a problem with clicking a phone number in the default browser? I used to be able to search for a business and then just click on the number and it would bring it up in the dialer. Now it just brings up the dialer, but the number is not inserted automatically. That is my one big gripe with GB as I frequently use the voice search to find a business and then just click on the number to call them while I'm driving. I hardly had to even look at the phone.
    I've had that when clicking a # for a conf call in a meeting notice. Annoying. Worked in Froyo.
    06-05-2011 03:19 PM
    My only two issues so far is that I've been using ADW as my launcher, and I want to check out the new GB stock launcher and every time I hit the home button, it takes me back to ADW...not a bad thing, but really wanted to check out what they have done. The second issue is the grey border around everything. Annoying but I think I can live with it.
    NmdX - If someone has answered your first issue - oh well, try one of the following to switch to home launcher++ Home Manager, Home Switcher or Launcher Switcher. Tried Home Launcher, liked it. Just moved from an HTC Eris to an X. Much better phone, better form factor, and quicker. Let me know if this helps. Had GB 2.3.3 on the Eris. This build seems to be a more sophisticated version. I am realty enjoying it.

Cheers

Terry
    Thanks Terry! I've been using home switcher, but on your recommendation, I tried the others and they all do the same thing, switch me back to ADW when I hit the home button.

Maybe an update to each of the switchers to handle GB is what is needed?

Again, thanks and welcome to the Forums!
    06-05-2011 07:46 PM
    Not sure if these will work for you cuz its 2.2 but it couldnt hurt to give it a shot. They do not need root access...

https://market.android.com/search?q=CJR&so=1&c=apps
    06-05-2011 09:06 PM
    Not sure if these will work for you cuz its 2.2 but it couldnt hurt to give it a shot. They do not need root access...

https://market.android.com/search?q=CJR&so=1&c=apps
    Thanks I'll give it a shot. Sorry I deleted my post from before.... doh!!
    06-05-2011 09:07 PM
    Same here.
    Actually, worse than that for me. I use my X in the evening watching tv in a dark room, and the lights are needed but won't go on. Now, I just plugged it into my media dock while going to bed and BLAM..
    they go on like bright headlights. This is just not acceptable!
    06-06-2011 12:20 AM
    So I was contemplating a factory reset to get rid of the sync icon, but it appears to have gone away on it's own (sort of). I had two Yahoo email accounts on my phone. I deleted both, and re-added one of them, and now the sync icon is gone!
    06-06-2011 07:50 AM
342 ... 7891011 ...