[OFFICIAL] Droid X Gingerbread Impressions and Issues

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I just mentioned this to my wife the other day and wondered if she had. She does not use for gps nearly as much as I. Sometimes it's a dead on lock, very quick, I wonder if it's a weather app that got the gps lock previously or something. Other times I
sit for minutes. I have an old blackberry curve that use to do the same crap. Not fun.

I posted this issue about 4 posts up and the fix for it as well. Hope it works for you.

After some searching I came about this https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/52677?tstart=150

eagene said:
I had this problem and I found a fix! I used GPS Status & Toolbox by EclipSim.
Menu - tools - manage a-gps state
I did a reset followed by a download

Now my GPS is getting a fix very quickly again!

This gets a lock on to the satellites instantly. It took a few hours of digging through numerous forums, but I finally found the fix.

grnsl2

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I posted this issue about 4 posts up and the fix for it as well. Hope it works for you.

After some searching I came about this https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/52677?tstart=150

This gets a lock on to the satellites instantly. It took a few hours of digging through numerous forums, but I finally found the fix.

Happened to see this but couldn't edit it in time. Thanks, seems to have worked for me as well.

sparker781

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I posted this yesterday as well but noticed this forum page. Figured since this was more to do with my issues I'd post it here....Can a moderator close out my other post?

Well I've experienced them. Random reboots of my phone after it's turned off. The touch screen losing it's calibration so it's not as accurate, And the battery is horrible. Other than that things are going swimmingly. I am not sure if I even want to own this phone anymore. I did a factory reset and it's running so slowly!!

guitarmantyler

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I have had the new update for about a day now and have been experience lag while running normal functions ie: making calls, reading texts, navigating screens.

I have had to restart the phone a few times which seems to help.

Overall though the update has caused lag issues.

rokstarr

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok so is anyone else having problems with GPS not locking on AFTER the latest .602 update? I know of 3 Xs that are all doing the same thing. Tried the fix a few posts up using GPS status and toolbox to clear the GPS data/state and then download new data but that didnt fix the issue. Anyone have any ideas? Battery pull done, master reset done, uninstall and reinstall of google maps done.. nothing seems to want to work.

EDIT: I am in Rochester NY and there is another thread I just saw about some others in NY having issues so I don't know if this is a location thing or an issue with the software update. Please post so we can find out whats up!

Last edited:

rokstarr

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I just tried it again, still not working. Uninstalled the update to Google maps, battery pull again, used the GPS status and toolbox to reset GPS status and download new agps data and still not locking on. Although my phone did see 3 satellites this time for about 2 mins, then went to 2 and then just 1 again. This is ridiculous

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I just tried it again, still not working. Uninstalled the update to Google maps, battery pull again, used the GPS status and toolbox to reset GPS status and download new agps data and still not locking on. Although my phone did see 3 satellites this time for about 2 mins, then went to 2 and then just 1 again. This is ridiculous

GPS Status & Toolbox worked fine for me. Not sure why yours isn't working. :-\

rokstarr

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to update this but its working again... even inside my house I can lock on to 8 or 9 satellites, not even near a window! Locks on within 5 seconds, best its ever worked now.

DaVeNuE

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I've looked around quite a bit on this forum and couldn't find an answer on this, but I'm sure it's been talked about. - I have a DroidX w/ 2.2.1 v. 2.3.340; a couple days ago, somehow the update for GB v. 4.605 got downloaded to my phone and it asks do I want to install now or later. I always select later because I don't want GB on my phone. I've heard about the many problems w/ GB plus the 115 mb fix that doesn't fix everything.

So, can I prevent this GB install on my phone, or will it eventually get loaded? Thanks for any help/tips with this. :confused:

Edit.... I just saw another thread and I'm confused: my phone "About Screen" says: Android Version: 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 MB810
Does this mean Gingerbread is already installed on my phone? - Like I said, I'm trying to avoid GB if it is at all possible. - Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:

StorminDT

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've looked around quite a bit on this forum and couldn't find an answer on this, but I'm sure it's been talked about. - I have a DroidX w/ 2.2.1 v. 2.3.340; a couple days ago, somehow the update for GB v. 4.605 got downloaded to my phone and it asks do I want to install now or later. I always select later because I don't want GB on my phone. I've heard about the many problems w/ GB plus the 115 mb fix that doesn't fix everything.

So, can I prevent this GB install on my phone, or will it eventually get loaded? Thanks for any help/tips with this. :confused:

Edit.... I just saw another thread and I'm confused: my phone "About Screen" says: Android Version: 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 MB810
Does this mean Gingerbread is already installed on my phone? - Like I said, I'm trying to avoid GB if it is at all possible. - Thanks again for your help.

2.2.1 is still Froyo.

DaVeNuE

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
BBtoDroid-

Thanks for your reply. I have heard 1 or 2 people say something like Motorola will eventually force the installation of 4.5.605, even if I keep entering "Install Later". Do you know if that's true? - I guess I'm at the mercy of their system.

The way I'm looking at it is, my phone has worked reasonably well with Froyo over the last year. So why do an upgrade where there appears to be a number of issues/problems, and then have to hope & wait for an adequate fix some day. - Thanks again for your help!