[OFFICIAL] Droid X Gingerbread Impressions and Issues

nmDXaddict

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
My only two issues so far is that I've been using ADW as my launcher, and I want to check out the new GB stock launcher and every time I hit the home button, it takes me back to ADW...not a bad thing, but really wanted to check out what they have done. The second issue is the grey border around everything. Annoying but I think I can live with it.

NmdX - If someone has answered your first issue - oh well, try one of the following to switch to home launcher++ Home Manager, Home Switcher or Launcher Switcher. Tried Home Launcher, liked it. Just moved from an HTC Eris to an X. Much better phone, better form factor, and quicker. Let me know if this helps. Had GB 2.3.3 on the Eris. This build seems to be a more sophisticated version. I am realty enjoying it.

Cheers

Terry

Thanks Terry! I've been using home switcher, but on your recommendation, I tried the others and they all do the same thing, switch me back to ADW when I hit the home button.

Maybe an update to each of the switchers to handle GB is what is needed?

Again, thanks and welcome to the Forums!

Buffalo

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Same here.

Actually, worse than that for me. I use my X in the evening watching tv in a dark room, and the lights are needed but won't go on. Now, I just plugged it into my media dock while going to bed and BLAM..
they go on like bright headlights. This is just not acceptable!

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
So I was contemplating a factory reset to get rid of the sync icon, but it appears to have gone away on it's own (sort of). I had two Yahoo email accounts on my phone. I deleted both, and re-added one of them, and now the sync icon is gone!

evolefty

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am running the ota .596 and I use the dock as well, but the bottom keys on my phone still remain on. Is there a setting for this or am I just missing something?

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Got the official update - installed on a non rooted phone.

Copied the Update file to the SD card - powdered off - held power and home - pressed the search key when the android guy came up . used the volume button to select install update. I got the file from a post at droid world.

- The blue bar at the top is elegant - I like the new 3G symbol.
- sliding between screens is very smooth.
- Social Networking Widget - now your get "cards" that flip (ala album covers on a ipod)
- 4 soft buttons at the bottom -
1) Phone
2) Contacts
3) Text Messaging
4) is the app drawer. You can have folders for your apps in the drawer now. I made one called "default" and selected all but the bloatware so I never have to scroll through them again.

The trash can is now a bar at the top that appears when you need it.

Under settings you have 3 profiles - Each one gives you the seven screens - effectively giving you 21 screens and 3 wallpapers to play with
1) Home
2) Work
3) Weekend

In contacts click the picture to bring up a short cut to text, call, email, fb

I am sure there is more to discover - those were the first things I noticed
THANKS for the idea of a default folder to get rid of bloatware, I am going to 'borrow" that

sunlifexxx

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My phone is possessed, after the update

Help, seems like when I make/ some time receive a call a few crazy things are happening after the update. My mute goes on by its self some times, also when I end the call my music apps go on automatically, some times just one but usually two , yea, that rap music at the meeting I went to was not good. I should have stayed on the leak I was on, I had only minor problems then

yentna

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone hexperienced a problem with clicking a phone number in the default browseyr? I used to be able to search for a business and then just click on the number and it would bring it up in the dialer. Now it just brings up the dialer, but the number is not inserted automatically. That is my one big gripe with GB as I frequently use the voice search to find a business and then just click on the number to call them while I'm driving. I hardly had to even look at the phone.
Saw on another site - try this - long press phone number and copy, then long press where u want to put the phone number and hit paste.

Terry

Last edited:

Jmeiii

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Since I got the OTA update on June 1, I've noticed that my DX turns itself back on after I shut it down. If I then shut it down a second time, it stays off. Anyone else experienced this issue?

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
No more dedicated voicemail button in the dialer? That sucks.

Long Press your 1 button on the dialer keypad. It's setup as a speed dial to voicemail by default. It should also have the voicemail icon on it.

Also to change your speed dials, press your menu button while on the dialpad and select "Speed dial setup".

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Since I got the OTA update on June 1, I've noticed that my DX turns itself back on after I shut it down. If I then shut it down a second time, it stays off. Anyone else experienced this issue?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this happened to me last night. I believe I shut the phone down before bed, but when I grabbed it this morning, it was on. I'll have to do an actual test to confirm.

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
4) is the app drawer. You can have folders for your apps in the drawer now. I made one called "default" and selected all but the bloatware so I never have to scroll through them again.
Is there a way to get the app drawer to default to this group, or do you always have to select it (which is what I'm seeing).

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this happened to me last night. I believe I shut the phone down before bed, but when I grabbed it this morning, it was on. I'll have to do an actual test to confirm.

This happened to me today but it was the first time since I did the OTA,

I was actually having this problem BEFORE the update while still on Froyo. I would select power off and it would just reboot instead of actually turning off.

Just tried it now and WOW it powered off in like 2 seconds. On Froyo it would take like 5 - 10 seconds.

Jmeiii

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I was actually having this problem BEFORE the update while still on Froyo. I would select power off and it would just reboot instead of actually turning off.

Just tried it now and WOW it powered off in like 2 seconds. On Froyo it would take like 5 - 10 seconds.

The shutdown time is faster that's for sure. The problem is getting it to stay off. It doesn't happen each time but when it does the second time seems to be the charm. I think the Droids are becoming aware. Could this be Skynet? Judgment Day?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19