[OFFICIAL] Droid X Gingerbread Impressions and Issues

FlatTopFoley

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I dunno if this is a GB issue or not, but maybe someone can help. Turned on google navigator today, and for some reason the mean lady turn by turn voice is gone and replaced with beeps. Looked all around settings and whatnot, can't find anything. Any help would be great.

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
NEED HELP. Droid x apps wont run after update.

So I updated my wifes Droid X to gingerbread using the ota method. Now none of the apps like maps and navigation or music will work. Every time shes clicks on it, a force close messages appears. does anybody know a way to fix this problem. thanks for the help.

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
So I updated my wifes Droid X to gingerbread using the ota method. Now none of the apps like maps and navigation or music will work. Every time shes clicks on it, a force close messages appears. does anybody know a way to fix this problem. thanks for the help.

First, reboot the phone. Second, clear the cache for each of these apps.

When all else fails, SBF back to Froyo and run the update again (if you're not interested in root).

SBF instructions are in the ROMS, Rooting and Hacks section.

grnsl2

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Actually, worse than that for me. I use my X in the evening watching tv in a dark room, and the lights are needed but won't go on. Now, I just plugged it into my media dock while going to bed and BLAM..
they go on like bright headlights. This is just not acceptable!

Kinda crazy that they're acting this way, mine are the same. Do you set your brightness to automatic or manually set it to something? Wonder if that may help. I'll try that tonight.

zawms

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded GB after I had my Dx for a while and now my phone randomly loses all service. It didn't do this until I downloaded the update I will receive texts and calls but can't answer or reply to them and the only time I can get internet is when im on widow and the only thing that fixes it is a battery pull. What is wrong and what can I do to fix it forever

zawms

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded GB after I had my Dx for a while and now my phone randomly loses all service. It didn't do this until I downloaded the update I will receive texts and calls but can't answer or reply to them and the only time I can get internet is when im on widow and the only thing that fixes it is a battery pull. What is wrong and what can I do to fix it forever
Sorry that was an autocorrect fail twas supposed to say wifi instead of widow.

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed when taking a picture i no longer have the option to DELETE the photo (right then) that was just taken. used to i could touch the photo (before it disappeared and reverted back to the camera )and select delete. Now i have to wait, go into photo album and delete.. Is there a way to get this option back?

Thinking back there was an option for "REVIEW TIME" that i don't see anymore?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed when taking a picture i no longer have the option to DELETE the photo (right then) that was just taken. used to i could touch the photo (before it disappeared and reverted back to the camera )and select delete. Now i have to wait, go into photo album and delete.. Is there a way to get this option back?

Thinking back there was an option for "REVIEW TIME" that i don't see anymore?

For me, if I tap on the screen after the little photo in the corner disappears, it will reappear and I can tap it and then hit the menu button and delete.

MIC MAINE

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I should've stayed with my 2.3.9 leaker!!! Problems...

STANDIN ON THE EDGE BOUT TO JUMP...EXCUSE ME...LOL
SHOULD I HAVE UNROOTED Z4 FROM IT FIRST BEFORE RSD 4.8 LITE FLASHING 2.3.15
ORIGINALLY HAD LEAK 2.3.9 USD RSD 4.8 TO GO TO 2.3.15
THAT TRIGGERED THE 1ST OTA UPDATE THE .340 I think it was...
THEN THAT REBOOTED. SAID SUCCESSFUL THEN UPDATED WITH .596 SECOND UPDATE OR WHATEVER BREAD THAT MESSED ME ALL UP.
SCREEN KEEPS SELECTING WHEN I SWIPE
MARKET DOESNT WANT TO DOWNLOAD
Z4 WONT ROOT FORCE CLOSES WHEN ACQUIRING SHELL
SUPERUSER WONT UPDATE THE SU BINARY
I CANT BOOT IN RECOVERY MODE. I HOLD HOME IT SHOWS THE BOX EMPTY FOR A SECOND THEN JUMPS TO THE TRIANGLE. BUT SEARCH DOESNT GIVE BOOT MENU ANYMORE.
AND IM SURE EVEN MORE.
CAN I RUN 2.3.340 SYSTEM ONLY SBF OVER IT AGAIN TO GET EM BACK? OR IS THAT BRICKCITY!!!!!!LOL
I HAVE A "SHADO_X 2.3.34 SBF WITH 133MB ZIPPED AND 280 UNNNZD.
HOW AM I LOOKIN FOLKS???
MR. NO WHEREELSE TO GO A.K.A A DAY ONE DROID X. WZUP

MIC MAINE

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
standin on the edge bout to jump...excuse me...lol
should i have unrooted z4 from it first before rsd 4.8 lite flashing 2.3.15
originally had leak 2.3.9 usd rsd 4.8 to go to 2.3.15
that triggered the 1st ota update the .340 i think it was...
Then that rebooted. Said successful then updated with .596 second update or whatever bread that messed me all up.
Screen keeps selecting when i swipe
market doesnt want to download
z4 wont root force closes when acquiring shell
superuser wont update the su binary
i cant boot in recovery mode. I hold home it shows the box empty for a second then jumps to the triangle. But search doesnt give boot menu anymore.
And im sure even more.
Can i run 2.3.340 system only sbf over it again to get em back? Or is that brickcity!!!!!!lol
i have a "shado_x 2.3.34 sbf with 133mb zipped and 280 unnnzd.
How am i lookin folks???
Mr. No whereelse to go a.k.a a day one droid x. Wzup

i jumped i guess im see what happens...system only sbf

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
For me, if I tap on the screen after the little photo in the corner disappears, it will reappear and I can tap it and then hit the menu button and delete.

I can do that too. it just kinda sucks that if the pic is blurry i have to wait for it to disappear touch the icon then delete when you could just delete right then and there before the update.. Don't know why they thought this feature was not worth keeping..

Baseknok13

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing lags in the phone? I have shut off my WiFi and my Bluetooth while here in my office and only have Weatherbug running and it still seems very sluggish. Any assistance?

coachc_51

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Contacts issue

I'm having a serious issue with my phone contacts. I had previously owned a BB and when I switched to the Droid X last fall, transferred all of my contacts to the phone via backup assistant. Now that I've updated to GB, the only contacts that show are the ones I have entered manually into the DX since that first transfer.

I thought I lost all of the other contacts, but recently received a call from someone whose contact info displayed when the call came in, but is not in my contacts. It's like they're still on my phone, but I can't find them. Could anybody help with this?!

Thanks,

Collin

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone experienced a problem with clicking a phone number in the default browser? I used to be able to search for a business and then just click on the number and it would bring it up in the dialer. Now it just brings up the dialer, but the number is not inserted automatically. That is my one big gripe with GB as I frequently use the voice search to find a business and then just click on the number to call them while I'm driving. I hardly had to even look at the phone.

That still works in Dolphin Browser HD.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm having an issue when I long press on an app icon in my app drawer to put it on a home screen and click on "Add to Home" it sends me back to the home screen, but doesn't do anything and doesn't put the app out there.

Anyone else having this issue or now how to fix it?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a serious issue with my phone contacts. I had previously owned a BB and when I switched to the Droid X last fall, transferred all of my contacts to the phone via backup assistant. Now that I've updated to GB, the only contacts that show are the ones I have entered manually into the DX since that first transfer.

I thought I lost all of the other contacts, but recently received a call from someone whose contact info displayed when the call came in, but is not in my contacts. It's like they're still on my phone, but I can't find them. Could anybody help with this?!

Thanks,

Collin

If you had your contacts syncing with backup assistant (this is a mistake, by the way...you're always better served by Google than by Verizon), they should all be stored in your Verizon account under a menu item called Backup Assistant. You may have to search a little to find it's location on the Verizon web site, as i can't recall it's exact location. You also have to logged in to your Verizon account (viewing it from a PC, not from your phone), or create a login if you don't already have one. If you do a search in Google (for something like "moving my verizon backup assistant contacts to google contacts"), you'll find some instructions for how to export them from backup assistant and import them into Gmail. Then everything will sync to your phone. Then, on your phone, go into Contacts>menu>more>settings>Contact storage and make sure Google is selected.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

If clearing the cache doesn't help, a factory reset will likely fix your problems and be easier than sbf'ing.