Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Remember this Easter Egg?
62965c44-cf34-c091.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming you tried to do the download directly on your phone using your browser? The update.zip is actually around 111mb. I had the same issue and ended up just using my laptop to download it, connected my USB cable and transferred it to my sd card. After that, I powered my phone down and rebooted into stock recovery (hold Home and Power until the phone starts up, once you see the android guy, press the search button). Use the volume up/down buttons to navigate to install update.zip from sd card and press the camera button to accept. After about 15 minutes you should be good to go!

So you don't need bootstrap or clockwork mod to load it? I'm asking about the rooted version not the signed unrooted version. thanks.

May 28, 2011
Visit site
i have a question. i am on Droid X Froyo 2.2 radio .07p and used Droid 2 bootstrap to flash method 2 but i received a status 7 error. What caused this and what (if anything) can i do to fix this issue?

EDIT: after installing one of the files the second one wouldn't install and then my phone rebooted and is now stuck in a bootloop. I have tried to access recovery but it won't even allow me to do that. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: i can start the bootloader though just not recovery.

Last edited:

randynbarb

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I would say sooner or later z4 might do it,but the reason to install prerooted version is because it cant be rooted otherwise.I installed stock on mine and to me it is a major improvement over froyo.

laand

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the stock update and system restored it. My DX now loads GB but none of the hardware buttons work and it just loops to a blank notification screen and the home screen. Any help from the forum would be appreciated!

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
So if you do the prerooted unsigned update, will you be able to get future OTA updates. I'm guessing not, but then again we probably won't see another OTA unless there's a minor fix update after this.

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Good news from p3droid. If you dont follow him on twitter (and if youre interested in the rooting scene on the droid x, you should be), he got the OTA last night as part of the soak group, and has already rooted it. Even better news is that if you're running one of the GB leaks (.588, .591, .595), you'll be able to install the rooted update right over top of what you're running; no sbf or wipe necessary. He is also going to make an update for those of us running rooted or stock froyo (2.3.340). No word yet on what to do if you took the OTA, but it seems if you did, you will be able to flash back to 2.3.340.

The download links haven't been posted yet by him, but if you have the TBH app, you'll probably see them there first. Once he posts the locations online, you'll see them posted in this thread, so check back later on today for those.

EDIT: and here you go, folks: Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone

a gingerbread flavor for every build :). thanks to all who posted links below while i was at work! :p

Method One
The first method to upgrade to gingerbread from froyo is to sbf you phone back to stock froyo (2.3.340) and await for the upgrade OTA. (BAD IDEA)

Method Two
The second method to upgrade to gingerbread from froyo is to sbf you phone back to stock froyo (2.3.340) and use the 2 install files from below.

Method Three
The third method is for anyone currently running a Gingerbread leak (588/591/595). You can just install the appropriate zip right over the top of your previous build.

Is there a method for those of us that are rooted, but don't have a Gingerbread leak? I would like to do method 3, but I don't have a gingerbread leak.

Should I install a leak and THEN do method 3? Will the phone stay rooted that way?

edit: I guess I have to SBF back to stock and do #2

Last edited:

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded the .596 deodexed version over the .595 deodexed from the TBH app. It took less than five minutes and everything installed great. Thanks again to P3droid and his entire team.

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently rooted on stock Froyo and want to do the two step update using the D2 bootstrapper. If I do that, will I lose everything? I've frozen alot of the bloatware with Ti Backup. Would I need to unfreeze it first?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently rooted on stock Froyo and want to do the two step update using the D2 bootstrapper. If I do that, will I lose everything? I've frozen alot of the bloatware with Ti Backup. Would I need to unfreeze it first?

No unfreezing needed, u might lose your apps but if u got em backed up so what if u lose em. That's why we/I back em up in Titanium.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Can someone help please, I tried to SBF back to flash and I keep getting stuck in the infinite boot loop.

edit: If this happens to you, take out the battery, restart clicking home and power button. Press search and do a factory wipe/reset.

Last edited:

Dostovel

Jul 15, 2010
www.facebook.com
Guys, I need a little help if you will... I have the rooted GB leak .588 and I'm pretty new to all this crap, I followed a word for word guide to get to rooted .588 from froyo including bootstraps, sbfs, wipes, whatever else the hell I was told to do and it all got me to .588 just fine (even though it's buggy and crappy as hell) and now I am trying desperately to get to the official .596 rooted and from what I can tell I am obviously going with method 3.... on the bottom of the post where all the links and mirrors are, I have no idea which file APPLIES to method 3 and when I do download it, which combination of buttons do I have to press to get to where I install it from the SD Card??! Ahhhhhhh thanks for the help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol