[OFFICIAL] p3droid has done it again. rooted gingerbread update inside

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Really?? Give up the horror stories. The Verizon isn't tracking it. Granted if you use an insane amount of data you might get popped but otherwise you're fine. I've always used wireless tether and continue to do so without issue. But I don't use it for anything other than when I have to do and submit homework on my netbook while I'm at work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Really?? Give up the horror stories. The Verizon isn't tracking it. Granted if you use an insane amount of data you might get popped but otherwise you're fine. I've always used wireless tether and continue to do so without issue. But I don't use it for anything other than when I have to do and submit homework on my netbook while I'm at work.

+1
I wish all these BS horror stories would also stop. I'll believe it when I see a copy of someone's bill or my own bill comes in (which I'd gladly post for all to see). These stories have been coming and going for the past 5 years at least!

Tethered this weekend. I'm running the rooted deodexed TBH GB file. Then I ran the TBH GB tether patch. I was online in no time. It was freakin' sweet being able to submit my assignments while the wife drove down the highway! Submitted two more on the way back in the car.

I think the key thing is DON'T ABUSE IT! I wasn't doing youtube, netflix, or pandora. I hit the school website to submit 3 word documents. I probably won't tether again until my next trip in a couple of months. I don't use my X as my permanent internet connection at home. I have U-verse for that!

Burner50

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I used method two for upgrading to Gingerbread, then used the TBH Wireless tether patch.

It was flaky for awhile, but after a couple battery pulls, wireless tether is working just fine. I cant get barnacle to work, but I never tried it on Froyo.

As far as problems with verizon, the way I see it, nothing has changed when they came out with the new software. My contract still reads the same and I doubt verizon has changed the way they search for people who are tethered....

Until I see the horror story come true, I'm going to continue using it as is.

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
+1
I wish all these BS horror stories would also stop. I'll believe it when I see a copy of someone's bill or my own bill comes in (which I'd gladly post for all to see). These stories have been coming and going for the past 5 years at least!

Tethered this weekend. I'm running the rooted deodexed TBH GB file. Then I ran the TBH GB tether patch. I was online in no time. It was freakin' sweet being able to submit my assignments while the wife drove down the highway! Submitted two more on the way back in the car.

I think the key thing is DON'T ABUSE IT! I wasn't doing youtube, netflix, or pandora. I hit the school website to submit 3 word documents. I probably won't tether again until my next trip in a couple of months. I don't use my X as my permanent internet connection at home. I have U-verse for that!

I used method two for upgrading to Gingerbread, then used the TBH Wireless tether patch.

It was flaky for awhile, but after a couple battery pulls, wireless tether is working just fine. I cant get barnacle to work, but I never tried it on Froyo.

As far as problems with verizon, the way I see it, nothing has changed when they came out with the new software. My contract still reads the same and I doubt verizon has changed the way they search for people who are tethered....

Until I see the horror story come true, I'm going to continue using it as is.

Where do you get the TBH wireless tether patch? I also did method 2.

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

Which version of wireless tether do you use after the patch. Just want to make sure I am compatible. Is it version 3 or version 2.07?
or another program entirely?

morbious7

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok im just looking for a Yes im doing this right before i go ahead n take the jump.

Phone - System version says 2.3.340, used z4 root to root phone, used TB n uninstalled bloatware instead of freezing (i got a lil ansy n shoulda read beforehand). No roms or anything else.

I should be able to do method #2 using D2 Bootstrap to get patched GB correct?

So no SBFing to stock right? I dont have to do system wipe/dump or nothing? Im just verifying before i screw it up cuz was wrong.

I truly appreciate everyones help n effort with this undertaking.

Burner50

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Which version of wireless tether do you use after the patch. Just want to make sure I am compatible. Is it version 3 or version 2.07?
or another program entirely?

I gave wireless Tether versio 2.0.8-pre1 ***EXPERIMENTAL***

Ok im just looking for a Yes im doing this right before i go ahead n take the jump.

Phone - System version says 2.3.340, used z4 root to root phone, used TB n uninstalled bloatware instead of freezing (i got a lil ansy n shoulda read beforehand). No roms or anything else.

I should be able to do method #2 using D2 Bootstrap to get patched GB correct?

So no SBFing to stock right? I dont have to do system wipe/dump or nothing? Im just verifying before i screw it up cuz was wrong.

I truly appreciate everyones help n effort with this undertaking.

I had stock froyo, rooted with z4root, and used the D2 Bootstrapper to upgrade and it worked flawlessly. I had not frozen or removed anything. I believe if you have, you may have to sbf back to stock.

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
So, on my brother's phone, I uninstalled certain verizon apps (VZ Navigator, CityID, etc.) with Titanium instead of freezing them. Will this cause problems in the future?

Should I do a reset on his phone and start over?

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
If the files are gone then you have to SBF. In the future just freeze or rename them so you can return it to a stock state later.
SBF isn't all that scary, just an extra step.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair