hey guys so im planning to upgrade my droid x which is currently on froyo (running liberty rom 2.0.1) to official rooted GingerBread and i have some very important text messages that i don't want to lose is there any app that i can get that will allow me to backup and restore my sms with the correct timestamps and both incoming/outgoing messages?

please reply soon as i really want to upgrade but cant because i need to keep my sms messages lol
    05-28-2011 08:29 PM
    sms back up in the market. I dont know if they restore though. it just gets saved in gmail
    05-28-2011 09:15 PM
    'sms backup and restore' will allow you to back up your messages on a .xml file, and then restore them to your messaging app after the update. you might lose things like timestamps, but youll still have the messages
    05-28-2011 10:57 PM
    will it save the incoming messages too?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    05-28-2011 10:58 PM
    I use GoSMS and it has options to automatically backup SMS messages as well as settings for the app.
    05-28-2011 11:04 PM
    will it save the incoming messages too?

it saves full convo lists, so yeah. you can check it out here: https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
    05-28-2011 11:08 PM
    thx I went ahead and got the pro version, hopefully everything works

05-29-2011 10:59 AM
    I use Sprite Mobile and it works well for me..
    05-29-2011 11:09 AM
    Is there one that backs up MMS messages too?
    05-29-2011 12:43 PM
    Is there one that backs up MMS messages too?
    Sprite Mobile and Titanium Backup can do the MMS also..

05-29-2011 01:02 PM
    Sprite Mobile and Titanium Backup can do the MMS also..

Is that the Sprite Backup 2.4 app? $4.95?
    I backed up everything to Titanium. But I need to SBF back to stock froyo before installing gingerbread, so hopefully all the SMS/MMS messages will be there when I restore them.
    05-29-2011 01:19 PM
    Hey I already sbf'ed back to stock froyo and installed gingerbread, I backed up my sms using "sms backup and restore" and it restored all my sms messages perfectly only downside is that the timestamp is not there so I received/sent a thousand+ messages yesterday lol

05-30-2011 10:56 AM
    Is that the Sprite Backup 2.4 app? $4.95?
    I backed up everything to Titanium. But I need to SBF back to stock froyo before installing gingerbread, so hopefully all the SMS/MMS messages will be there when I restore them.
    Yes that is the app I am speaking of..

Hey I already sbf'ed back to stock froyo and installed gingerbread, I backed up my sms using "sms backup and restore" and it restored all my sms messages perfectly only downside is that the timestamp is not there so I received/sent a thousand+ messages yesterday lol

This is why I use Sprite Mobile because its the only one I have had luck with restore messages correctly other than Titanium.... I use Sprite when I'm not rooted and Titanium when I am rooted.
    05-30-2011 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD