Liberty update

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
And it works. Do a wipe and its beautiful. Even the multi touch keyboard is smooth lol

Update. Crap just noticed this isnt the R<R<H thread, can Mods move there please? Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sithlrdvad

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hahaha. A little to happy aren't we?

By the way just got mine last night. No wipe and runs good so far...

However I did had an issue yesterday with .05 but I will make a different thread about it...

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I am a big Liberty fan. Even back on Froyo is was awesome. They are doing a good job keeping up with thhings and keeping them stable for being unstable versions at times.

Sithlrdvad

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Quick question Jerseyboy: I updated to .06 and now in my app drawer I have something called "Setup" with an icon color red with the words "blur"

Do you have it? What is it?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Quick question Jerseyboy: I updated to .06 and now in my app drawer I have something called "Setup" with an icon color red with the words "blur"

Do you have it? What is it?

Yea I have it. I tapped it and it says...

"MOTOBLUR is a free service that makes your device come alive by delivering social network updates,, news, messages and more to your phone.

It also gives you access to the MOTOBLUR portal where you can
-Locate Your Phone
-Erase the content on your phone when it is stolen

Skipping MOTOBLUR setup will disable these features."

It doesn't sound like something Id use, nor does it seem to be detrimental just sitting in the app drawer so I'm just gona leave it. There are some "Setup" apks and files in Titanium but IDK which is which so Im just gona leave it.

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

Sithlrdvad

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Cool, thanks for the info! So do I have to install .04 first? Or is there a link for .06 somewhere?

Well I will tell you what I did:

I was on Gingerbread version .591 found here

Another Motorola DROIDX Gingerbread Leaks, Version 4.5.591 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Choose the Fully Deodexed.

Then I bought Liberty Toolbox Donate in the market, which is $5.00.

The 1st one I installed was .05 Nightlies in the ROM MANAGER section.

Choose the 2nd one, the one that reads "This is now based on the newest leak. YOU MUST ALREADY BE ON GINGERBREAD! THIS ZIP INCLUDES THE KERNEL SO USE THIS IF YOU ARE ON ANY PREVIOUS GINGERBREAD LEAK"

After that it will give you a window to back up and wipe, DO NOT FORGET TO CHECK THOSE!

After your phone reboots, which it will take about 5 minutes or so. Go back and re download Liberty Toolbox and go to the ROM MANAGER section and this time choose .06 Nightlies.

Reactions: bor999

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes you must buy the donate version to keep up with the nightlies. BTW, the Liberty toolbox ROM Manager has been cleaned up nicely. Tap on nightlies and the first thing you see is Current nightlies .06(which updates the base to .596 for you). Below that is the rooted/deodexed Gingerbread 2.3.3(Blur .596) build which is if your on GB.

.06 says more improvements/features to come so I cannot wait to see what they are since this is an excellent build already

Reactions: bor999

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok maybe this isn't a Liberty thing but I also(theres another thread I cannot find)cannot get my contacts to work properly. Whether I long press a text message and select add, it will bring me to my contacts but when I select add new contact FLASH it goes away to my homescreen. Same thing if I go into my contacts and try to add a new one. Can someone that has it repost the fix in hopes it will clear it up. Im on .06 .596

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I used to like Liberty and LGB, however after trying other things I am just tired of the same old stock ASOP look. Once more themes come out I think I will give Liberty another try.

It is fast though. I did not see any improvements with the multitouch keyboard personally.

crazyjoejoe

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I am running the liberty 1.5 and would like to try gingerbread mainly to see what all the hype is about. What all do I need to do to get that up and running?

I see that liberty has a gingerbread rom and then there is another gingerbread rom. What is the difference?

crazyjoejoe

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I am running the liberty 1.5 and would like to try gingerbread mainly to see what all the hype is about. What all do I need to do to get that up and running?

I see that liberty has a gingerbread rom and then there is another gingerbread rom. What is the difference?

Any help please?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Liberty .07 is out people check your Toolbox!!

awesomeness. weird when u open the nightlies and only .o7 is there. wonder if this means we are three away from 1.0 and its the final build. Looks like .07 is a compilation of the last few nightlies cuz they sugest a wipe even on .0h6. Think il just drop 07 in anx go from there

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara