It's Official Gingerbread Rolling out NOW.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I just hit the update on my phone and it is starting to officially roll out!

Here is a screenshot:

bffeb5f9.png

Last edited:

boomerbsg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
lol, i had just spent the last hour or so reading about installing the leaked GB because i was tired of waiting.. bounced over here, saw this post, and hit update on my phone and yeah.. its coming in now.. 40% now.. and going good and fast..

cheers

Mahbles

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been hitting update all day to no avail, but right before I got ready for bed, I decided to try and update the phone and lo and behold, update time! I hit update around 10:30PM, PST, so far i'm at 20% and it's downloading steadily!

rinnr1

Press ALT-F4 to see nudes
May 12, 2010
Visit site
I like the aesthetic changes so far but I need to go to bed. Guess I will have to play with it more tomorrow

quikric

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Updated to GB around 2:29 am.
Couldn't sleep,so I decided to check for the update, it was there so I updated.
No problems so far, just trying to get used to the new colors, and GB in general.
Not sure how I feel about it yet, gonna give it a few days and see how it grows on me.
Now just hoping Z4 will come up with a one click root option soon. :)

Argodabar

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Anyone having problems with the GPS with this version? I'm running the leaked .588 and it takes a few minutes to find the gps satellites now.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Updated mine and it went thru fine but it is really slow and laggy. Did a few battery pulls but I think there is an app running the background that isnt playing nice with GB, I think its the one that lets me control settings from the notification bar.

Update* Yeah the app Bar Control was messing with the OS. Once I got rid of it, it seems to be running fine now.

Last edited:

digmydroidx

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah..I unrooted and nothing is frozen from titanium...and it fails update...oh great!

FAIL !

Sent from my awesome rooted Droid X on tapatalk

Proletariat

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Rooted last night and then instantly regretted it because I remembered this was rolling out today. Downloading right now, fingers crossed it installs.

Obviously they're vastly different devices, but when I was on my rooted and rom'd Fascinate, it just wouldn't even recognize that an update was available. That's not so with the DX? I hadn't had a chance to rom it last night or get rid of any bloatware. I was just surprised that it even recognized that the OTA was available. I'm currently sitting at about 45% installed.

Last edited:

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone access the clear cache menu from power up? I get the exclamation point but pressing the magnifying glass doesn't open the menu.

Just got a phone call and I couldnt answer it. Pressing answer did nothing. Love these update hassles.