Battery after GB Update

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I swear my battery is draining as my X is plugged into my laptop... Am I imagining this?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

longhairbilly

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Here is what I noticed. You don't get your battery level anymore when you go to settings>battery. That is how I always check my level.

Where is the battery level now?

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
It's draining like crazy because you are using it like crazy lol. Once the novelty of the new OS wears off and you go back to normal usage, you will see it is just fine.

dbigham

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My battery has been draining much quicker as well, and I have had the leaked update for since April, almost to the point where I'm considering going back to Froyo.

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I updated to the first GB leak. My battery was amazing. It would last all day under normal usage and still have 50-60% left.

Some suggestions:

1. Get rooted
2. Install Start Up Manager and remove all the bloat from system startup.
3. Get Titanium Backup Pro
4. Freeze said bloatware

This makes a huge difference in battery life. At least it has for me.

Oh, if you installed the OTA that isn't rooted and aren't willing to install a rooted version and/or wait for root for the OTA, then I guess you are stuck with all the bloatware constantly running in the background and chewing through your battery. (wow.....run on sentence from hell)

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Normally I might accept this but the increase in drain happened much too suddenly. Mine is actually charging now though ever so slowly...

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I borrowed my coworkers ac adapter and am getting a good charge now. He wants to borrow my usb cable when I'm done so then I'll get to see how the charge lasts.

I will say that my signal stinks in the bldg so that normally causes a nice battery drain but I have NEVER seen my battery drain while plugged into my laptop until today.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The USB to your laptop charge is a slow charge(especially if you do not have Charge only selected), the A/C wall charger is a fast charger. Thats what I was taught and saw thats how it is for my X. Plugged into the wall I can go from critical to full usually in an hour/hour and a half. Plugged into my laptop...I havent waited that long yet cuz it was taking too long.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
The USB to your laptop charge is a slow charge(especially if you do not have Charge only selected), the A/C wall charger is a fast charger. Thats what I was taught and saw thats how it is for my X. Plugged into the wall I can go from critical to full usually in an hour/hour and a half. Plugged into my laptop...I havent waited that long yet cuz it was taking too long.

That I know it's but my issue was witnessing my charge drop while plugged into the laptop. I'll start bringing my ac adapter to work daily or get one dedicated to my workspace like I did with the usb cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital