Benefits of rooting

buckfan4ever#AC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I just got the OTA yesterday, and for the most part, things work good. I have been watching this site for months and always see people talking about their phones being rooted.

Since I am ok with technology stuff, what is the benefits of rooting your phone? Also, if it is a great benefit, how do you do it? (Step by step answer would be great! :D)

Thanks for any feedback!

Sithlrdvad

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Well if you got the official Gingerbread from Verizon in your phone you will have to wait to get root on it since nobody has release a method to get it rooted yet.

Root just gives you more power and control over your phone. For me personally has improve my battery life. However you also have the power to mess your phone and brick it. But like I have found out in these forums there's always a way out.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It lets you use root only apps like Titanium Backup and Bootstrap that do more complete backups. Titanium also lets you freeze bloatware so you don't have to delete it, but it keeps those apps from running/using resources. SetCPU can have a big impact on battery savings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1