Music Beta and OpenGL 2.0

Cappurnikus

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
So I got the Music beta invite and uploaded lots of music. I downloaded the mobile app and could not access my settings. I did more research and discovered that "your device must be running Android 2.2 and above with OpenGL2.0". Well, I'm on the new version of gingerbread (596) and for whatever reason I do not have OpenGL2.0, I have version 1.1 for some reason. As a result, I cannot access Music Beta. Does anyone know if this can be resolved? Is there a way for me to put OpenGL2.0 on my Droid X?

Last edited:

SYL

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Strange, have you tried clearing the data on the music app? I have music beta, running Apex 2.0 though on .591. Works for me.
OpenGL is built into the OS, it is already on your DX. Where did you see that it is 1.1? if you can't see the settings, its probably just a data issue. I have had to reset the music app before because of a track listing error.

Cappurnikus

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
an app called glinfo shows your version. I have actually tried clearing data multiple times as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I've looked all over the internet for a solution to this issue and can't find it. I have however seen lots of people with the problem.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the list with problems accessing Music Beta by Google. I'm running the app in the Samsung Infuse 4G, but I cannot see my library at all. Even when I press the menu button on my phone, the menu options do not even include an option to check what Google account it's using!

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the Music Beta app as well and have no problems. I used "Quadrant Standard" to look up my version and here is what I have: Version: OpenGL ES-CM 1.1

So I have the same as you yet mine works fine. I suspect that the issue may be with the app not downloading correctly, I would delete the app and try and download again (went back and reread your post and see that you already have tried this):. I would also do a "cache wipe" on your phone.

BTW, have you done any modifications to the phone?

**Edit: I believe the X supports "OpenGL 2.0", but it won't necessarily show in the specs. Which would mean that your phone showing 1.1 is fine. The problem most likely is elsewhere.

Last edited:

TereYJuan

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi i have the same problem, my work around was
go to:
Menu --> settings --> Accounts and Sync --> Automatic Sync (make sure is enable)
--> then click on the google account you are using for the app --> click on music sync to disable and enable(make sure when you go back to google music, music sync is enable)

tiger of napa

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
My Phone 1.1.... But was unable to see my albums. The whole point is to see the music account in your google account in the "Account and Sync" screen.

I was doing some trial and error....and suddenly swiped my thumb upwards on the music screen and it showed up a button, asking whether I want to sync a google account with the music player.

And then everything have worked out without any issues...

Enjoy :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis