Verizon Network Problems?

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyone Else experiencing problems with the network right now? Mine vanished completely for a bit, came back but now that I want to reprogram my phone since I just did some reflashing it says it's unable to program.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone Else experiencing problems with the network right now? Mine vanished completely for a bit, came back but now that I want to reprogram my phone since I just did some reflashing it says it's unable to program.

Can you make calls? If you can't make calls does it try to initiate the call and then stops like a second after? ...if that is your problem you need to reboot and the problem will be fixed.

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Can you make calls? If you can't make calls does it try to initiate the call and then stops like a second after? ...if that is your problem you need to reboot and the problem will be fixed.

It wasn't just me it was girlfriends phone too. But all is well now, must have been a local tower thing

TonyCatastrophe

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Just found this thread via Google, but you're not alone!

I just updated to Gingerbread recently and I've been stuck with network issues at random intervals since.

I can still receive texts, calls and everything else. But the second I'd go to respond I'd have no service from 15-60 minutes at a time. Today being the current stint since it had only happened from 1am-4am EST but now during the day?

I'd have full service before and during conversations at times then nothing. Bars going from blue to white which I think indicates roaming(always 3-4 bars)? Have started to use IM services via wifi to make sure I could respond, can't respond to texts via wifi and lose the network using IM's if I'm not using wifi.

It's not a constant, if I may reiterate, been happening for a week now.

nrweaver

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Just found this thread via Google, but you're not alone!

I just updated to Gingerbread recently and I've been stuck with network issues at random intervals since.

I can still receive texts, calls and everything else. But the second I'd go to respond I'd have no service from 15-60 minutes at a time. Today being the current stint since it had only happened from 1am-4am EST but now during the day?

I'd have full service before and during conversations at times then nothing. Bars going from blue to white which I think indicates roaming(always 3-4 bars)? Have started to use IM services via wifi to make sure I could respond, can't respond to texts via wifi and lose the network using IM's if I'm not using wifi.

It's not a constant, if I may reiterate, been happening for a week now.

I am having basically this same problem since I have upgraded to gingerbread. I am located in Maryland.

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Network fluctuations? Oh. yeah!

Same stuff here in Pittsburgh, PA. Network goes back and forth from 0-4 bars a lot on some days, even when I'm just standing in the same spot. When network is iffy, battery life is completely sucky. When network is stable, battery lasts almost all day with normal use, i.e., HEAVY.

Network strength can change anytime, while idle, driving, downloading, on a call, whatever; but I don't have to be doing anything or even moving for it to drop.

When I have 4 bars, phone is great, battery life fine. Less than 4, not so much...

At least my random reboots appear to have stopped.............

Unrooted X, OTA GB.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The X isn't the only phone experiencing this either. The Fascinate has been having sporadic network coverage issues as well. It's an issue with Verizon.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I wasnt aware there was any issues til I saw this thread, guess I lucked out on those issues

sent using TaPaTaLk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech