Stuck in "Setup accounts" - Home key issues

menting311

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Short version: Stuck in "Setup accounts" and "Done adding accounts" just restarts the app. No hardkeys work.

Long version:
So I found a fairly neat app for my daughter called "Kid Mode" that has a wide variety of games, etc... It also claims to "lock" kids in the app by somehow disabling the home key. I am not sure what my daughter did but by the time I got my phone back I was stuck in the "Setup accounts" screen and my home key is not doing anything.

I can press "Done adding accounts" and the screens goes away, but comes right back. It is like it is my new home screen or something. Now, I have SBF'd before and I am running Apex Alpha 1 and I know I can reflash Apex on the phone and start fresh. But I have not taken a Tit. backup lately and don't want to start over.

Any ideas?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Short version: Stuck in "Setup accounts" and "Done adding accounts" just restarts the app. No hardkeys work.

Long version:
So I found a fairly neat app for my daughter called "Kid Mode" that has a wide variety of games, etc... It also claims to "lock" kids in the app by somehow disabling the home key. I am not sure what my daughter did but by the time I got my phone back I was stuck in the "Setup accounts" screen and my home key is not doing anything.

I can press "Done adding accounts" and the screens goes away, but comes right back. It is like it is my new home screen or something. Now, I have SBF'd before and I am running Apex Alpha 1 and I know I can reflash Apex on the phone and start fresh. But I have not taken a Tit. backup lately and don't want to start over.

Any ideas?

So your daughter locked you out of the device with the app intending to lock her out.... :D Priceless

Couldn't resist... Here is two possible solutions..
1. Boot into Safe Mode and uninstall app..
- Power off phone
- Press and HOLD the Menu button
- Power up phone - continue to HOLD Menu button

takes about 1-2 mins, but will eventually come up and say SAFE MODE in lower left corner. Test for a while. But avoid starting APPS you don't really need. If the problem is gone, you likely have a rogue APP or Widget causing your issue.

To get out of SAFE MODE, just power off/on as usual.

2. Go to Settings / Applications / Manage Applications/ Kid Mode / Remove Default and Clear Cache

menting311

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Issue RESOLVED. The safe mode trick worked. The problem was that I couldn't get in my settings to remove the defaults for this program. Getting in via safe mode was what I needed. I am surprised I never heard of safe mode on Android before. Kind of funny since that is what I was thinking..."if only there was like a windows safe mode for Android".

thanks again!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Issue RESOLVED. The safe mode trick worked. The problem was that I couldn't get in my settings to remove the defaults for this program. Getting in via safe mode was what I needed. I am surprised I never heard of safe mode on Android before. Kind of funny since that is what I was thinking..."if only there was like a windows safe mode for Android".

thanks again!

Yeah this is a nice feature but not commonly used for most situations...

Glad you up and running again, happy to help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX