BRICKED? Flashing back from Liberty ROM

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
HELP!

I recently decided to flash back to stock using RSD Lite 4.9 and a .340 SBF file. I am using a small Windows 7 Netbook. My intention was to root and go to Gingerbread rooted and use Liberty Toolbox to install the GB Version of Liberty ROM.

I was currently running Liberty 2.0 ROM on Foryo Rooted. Apparently it seems I shouldn't have flashed back to stock or?

I went into bootloader, ran 4.9, and got the following error message:

ER A5, 70, 70, 00, 00

ME_MAP BLANK

Service Required (abbreviated)

So, AM I BRICKED?

Anyone got a clue?

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I managed to go to boot loop. The fix from here for all you ROM'ers:

Pull battery, put back in, quickly hold power and home. Get the triangle icon. Wipe data and cache, reboot.

VIOLA! Stock 2.2.1

YAY - now on to root and Deodexed GB, wish me luck!

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Glad you figured it out! I just saw this, I remember the first time I SBFed and got the scary bootloop and was like WTF DO I DO but now it's just old hat. Glad you got it! :D

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well,

new issue. Apparently Liberty Toolbox is not wanting to install Liberty V0.7 over deoxdexed and rooted GB .596. I am hoping I can drop the Liberty V0.6 image over GB .596 and still get the functionality of my Liberty Toolbox (Donate Version) back and maybe go to V0.7 from there....

I like the new aspects of GB, but the bloat is back and I aint down with that...LOL!

Anyone else in this uncharted territory?

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok,

Drop in Liberty V0.6 zip file, booted into recovery, and installed. Worked.

BUT, while logging back into Google, my DX allows me to add my existing account and then has me stuck in the "Done adding" page. Every time I tap done adding, it pops away and then back up. I am stuck in a "Done Adding" accounts loop.

The phone will accept incoming calls, allows me to swipe down the menu to examine incoming email and messages. I can even send SMS texts. BUT, the rest of the phone functions are inaccessible due to being stuck in the "Done Adding" accounts loop.

Any ideas?

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Way to go with the suggestions folks!!! LOL

No such thing as a bricked phone, just a never say die Guinea pig attitude!!! I dive in head first and figure it out after the broken bones....LOL

Ok, well. When all goes to poop....power down, plug in the power cord and power up!

#1 You are in bootloader now, wipe data, reload the Liberty v0.6 file, reboot

#2 Enter your Google account info, select "ADW Launcher" and check the box to always use it as default. I checked the other option last time, bad idea.

Enjoy rooted Ginger goodness on Liberty v0.6 baby.

Oh yes, Titanium Backup was a GREAT idea, its like American Express for Android...

Holla if you need help. I am a novice but I can resurrect any bricked item. It's a gift...

TheJustPull

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
If you can get into that screen with the numbers you should still be able sbf. Not sure about the toolbox version though because I'm running apex now.
Hope you get it going...sbf land is scary the first visit but the second or third time around it's not too bad.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I dropped the full version of Liberty v0.6 onto the root of my SD card and installed from Bootloader.

Liberty Toolbox donate works for the tweaks but it will not allow me to install v0.7 from the tool box. It loads and then hangs during reboot. A battery pull brings me back to V0.6.

Looks like Ill be stuck here but its nice to be on rooted GB with Liberty v0.6.

A couple minor shortcomings.

1. There is no more "reboot" option from the power down mode, that was a nice aspect of Liberty 2.0.1. You have to reboot from Liberty Toolbox.

2. You can't share photos taken from the camera to social networks. You must exit the camera utility and share from your album. That's a major PITA as its one function I use very often.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Your shortcoming #2 has been fixed in ver .08

I do not know why you cannot go past .06 if you have the Toolbox installed. See if the Toolbox market update is available to you, get it, install it, then try to upgrade to current nightly again. Post your results in the Rooting/ROMs thread for this.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, will do Jerseyboy357,

I get chills every time I try to upgrade further from a working phone...LOL

Previously it always seemed to go off without a hitch. Now, it seems there is ALWAYS a quirk I have to explore my way out of.

I honestly think something happened during the SBF back to stock from old Liberty 2.0.1 on Froyo. I have the phone working now and everyone with the exception of the shortcomings seems to be up and screaming along. But there is just something....LOL

See you in the Rooting/ROM threads...