Since GB phone restarts itself

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Since GB OTA update, I've had my phone restart itself a few times. Usually when I go to bed at night, I hit the power button and touch the Power Off option and put the phone down. Suddenly it restarts itself. This has happened about 4 times to me, once while trying to turn it off in a Movie Theater,which was really annoying. Never had this problem on Froyo. Does anybody else have this problem or know what to do to fix it?

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Since GB OTA update, I've had my phone restart itself a few times. Usually when I go to bed at night, I hit the power button and touch the Power Off option and put the phone down. Suddenly it restarts itself. This has happened about 4 times to me, once while trying to turn it off in a Movie Theater,which was really annoying. Never had this problem on Froyo. Does anybody else have this problem or know what to do to fix it?

I've had a few random restarts as well, but I also had this problem initially on Froyo before it stabilized over time. Not sure of the reason for this happening, but it happens so infrequently that I don't really worry about it.

ririder

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

Yup, it's been happening to me too. I never had this problem pre gingerbread. My phone has always been stock.

mossyoak

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
And here I thought I was alone... :) I have random reboots atleast once a day, my battery life is HORRIBLE and thats even with the extended battery (maybe 8 hrs and not heavy usage), my X freezes all the times causing me to have to do a battery pull to reboot, my camera wont come up too also having to reboot! There are more issues but i dont wanna keep going on and on! There is some problems for sure here with this GB! I have done a facotry reset and all that jazz! Im totally stock and have been from day one! Prior to GB I had very minor problems on very random times with the X, now its something everyday atleast!

Cyrilmak

Androidoholic
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
As I posted in another thread, boot into recovery and clear the cache. This solves most issues 99 percent of the time and you won't lose any data. This is usually just as good as a factory reset.

I had constant reboots when I used Rhapsody and this fixed all my problems. Battery life, reboots, unstable UI etc.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
A number of people have solved the rebooting by formatting their sd card. Just be sure to copy ist's contents to your PC before you do it, then copy everything back after the format is complete.

fftoad

May 16, 2011
Visit site
As I posted in another thread, boot into recovery and clear the cache. This solves most issues 99 percent of the time and you won't lose any data. This is usually just as good as a factory reset.

I had constant reboots when I used Rhapsody and this fixed all my problems. Battery life, reboots, unstable UI etc.

I get stuck at the exclamation point, even pressing search once and waiting minutes. Any ideas?