Birthday reminders showing up early

kirnkorner2001

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this a specific thing for the Droid X or not, it might be an Android setting somewhere, but I can't find it.

I have quite a few contacts with birthday and anniversary dates filled in. I usually get the reminders for those the evening before their birthday, around 6:00pm. For some reason, this make sense to me since I'm in central time, and it might be using GMT for birthday and anniversary reminders. Odd I know, but frustrating.

I am syncing contacts with my corporate exchange server, so that's where all the data lives, I have no idea if that's the culprit or not. If I look at the contact information on the phone, it shows the correct date for birthday and anniversary. Same if I look at Outlook. I'm just getting the notification 6 hours early on the phone.

Anyone else have this issue, and is there a fix?

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Yup, I have the same issue. It happens on any "All Day" calendar event with a reminder. I'm just using Google Calendar, in EST & I get the reminders the evening before (not sure what time).

I'd prefer it to actually receive the reminder when I set it for as the phone sometimes reboots itself throughout the night & the reminder will be cleared.

If someone knows of a fix, please chime in.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It was just brought to my attention that the Birthday option appears to have been removed with the Gingerbread update under the contacts menu... If you want to edit or add birthday info you have to add it on Google site and sync to device..