Are we close

jsharp

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
This may be a question to which there is not an answer,but I was wondering if we are close to having a root for the ota gingerbread.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't heard anything on this subject but I really did not think the developers would be focusing on a root for the OTA when there is a method to have 4.5.596 with root already.

jsharp

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I guess I was just hoping there would be a root available for the ota since I have zero experience with rooting so I'm a little scared to try going backwards then back to gingerbread.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm right there with you OP. I'll try doing what wildman suggested, hopefully I don't come out with a brick.

As long as you follow instructions you should be good but if you run into issues you should be able to still get her back... The Droid X is a good test device for rooting because you usually have to do something serious to totally hard brick the device, usually the SBF will bring you back under a lot of situation..

Some complain about the lock bootloader but with it locked makes truly bricking a device is a dime a couple dozen situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke