Adding to Existing Contact Problem

arnoldjm35

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Since the update my droid X is not allowing me to edit contacts to add a phone number to them. My contact just has repeating information about my facebook contact with them and says the information cannot be changed. SO basically i have no way to add a phone number to an existing contact of any of my facebook friends. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
if the contact that youre trying to edit is exclusively a facebook contact, then you wont be able to edit it. however, if you create a new contact with the same name (and whichever phone number you want in there), it should join to the facebook contact automatically to create one contact (or you can join them manually if it doesnt

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes it takes a bit, and it just happens. But sometimes, they just don't because of lack of appropriate info, a name or number isn't always enough it seems. Bear in mind, it's better to have the exact spelling of the Facebook contact name as well.

To join them, look at the contact in question, hit MENU / EDIT CONTACT, then MENU / JOIN. If info is whacky between the two, it may not offer the ability. Or may again, do it on its own when it syncs. Been there done that, found them connected later on. :-/

If they have an email or other phone on their Facebook that you don't already have in your contacts, enter that email into your google contact, that helps them connect the dots.

I've had people have an old number (disconnected or whatever) they left on their FB profile and seems that possibly hinders it occasionally as to auto linking. And of course, once linked, that old number disconnected will be in your contacts as well and you can't edit their FB info.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781