WiFi blocking SMS/calls? help thanks!

bjbumgarner

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am looking for some help here. I love the Droid X but whenever I connect to WiFi I lose signal strength so much that I don't miss calls and text messages. When I turn my WiFi and my phone reconnects to 3G I receive a flood of that were "blocked" by my WiFi connection.

Any ideas on the issue?

Thanks!

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem...happened ever since I updated to gingerbread. I get a low cell signal and a lot of dropped calls when I'm connected to wifi. When I turn wifi off, my signal bounces right back up to 3-4 bars. Haven't found a fix for it yet.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, this does not happen here. At least, it doesn't effect my ability to make/receive calls or SMS. My cell signal bounces up and down so much regardless of WiFi being on or off I can't tell if there is any actual difference there.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I experience the same thing when using the leaks and I didn't wipe data, I usually hard reset to resolve but you can try wiping cache before going there.

bjbumgarner

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well it sucks that other people are having this same problem but I hope that means that it might lead to a solution... Anyone have any ideas or fixes?

Thanks!

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Well it sucks that other people are having this same problem but I hope that means that it might lead to a solution... Anyone have any ideas or fixes?

Thanks!

I experience the same thing when using the leaks and I didn't wipe data, I usually hard reset to resolve but you can try wiping cache before going there.

Wildman did offer a solution to try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz