Hey guys,

I am looking for some help here. I love the Droid X but whenever I connect to WiFi I lose signal strength so much that I don't miss calls and text messages. When I turn my WiFi and my phone reconnects to 3G I receive a flood of that were "blocked" by my WiFi connection.

Any ideas on the issue?

Thanks!
    06-20-2011 10:21 AM
    Just to cover the easy, are you close enough to the wi-fi location so that you maintain at least a couple of bars at all times?
    06-20-2011 10:27 AM
    Yes. I have full WiFi signal and my other signal falls to 1 bar.
    06-20-2011 11:09 AM
    I have the same problem...happened ever since I updated to gingerbread. I get a low cell signal and a lot of dropped calls when I'm connected to wifi. When I turn wifi off, my signal bounces right back up to 3-4 bars. Haven't found a fix for it yet.
    06-20-2011 01:05 PM
    FWIW, this does not happen here. At least, it doesn't effect my ability to make/receive calls or SMS. My cell signal bounces up and down so much regardless of WiFi being on or off I can't tell if there is any actual difference there.
    06-20-2011 11:35 PM
    I experience the same thing when using the leaks and I didn't wipe data, I usually hard reset to resolve but you can try wiping cache before going there.
    06-21-2011 02:19 PM
    Me too. When on wifi my mobile network state says disconnected; therefore, when on wifi I cannot receive calls. WTF?
    06-22-2011 11:07 AM
    Well it sucks that other people are having this same problem but I hope that means that it might lead to a solution... Anyone have any ideas or fixes?

Thanks!
    06-24-2011 08:50 PM
    Well it sucks that other people are having this same problem but I hope that means that it might lead to a solution... Anyone have any ideas or fixes?

Thanks!
    I experience the same thing when using the leaks and I didn't wipe data, I usually hard reset to resolve but you can try wiping cache before going there.

Wildman did offer a solution to try.
    06-25-2011 10:06 AM