incredibly slooooooooooow

Bluelens

Dec 9, 2010
www.jmhoover.com
I have no idea what is going on with the phone today. It seems that everything that I try to do is not just lagging a second or two but lagging to the point of not responding. Scrolling from screen to screen is horrible and sometimes stops mud scroll and I have to wait 3-5 seconds from screen to screen. When I go in to manage my apps the scrolling is non-existent.

This problem just started a couple hours ago. I have not installed anything since yesterday - GoSMS - and When this started today I finally was able to scroll down to uninstall it (just in case it was the cause of the issue) but nothing has changed.

Any thoughts or ideas? I have restarted the phone, I did a battery pull.

Thanks.

Bluelens

Dec 9, 2010
www.jmhoover.com
So I think I figured out my issue - boy don't I feel like an idiot.

This morning I changed the amount of text messages that will be kept per conversation. I increased it from the normal 200 and it looks like I might have upped that level too far. Now the funny thing is increasing the amount of texts saved is not retroactive, however it looks like it might sill be hoarding resources for future messages. I brought the number back down to 200 and instantly there was a difference and everything I listed in the previous post is no longer the case. Everything is not nice and speedy again.

Yeah I could have deleted the previous post in order to not look like an idiot but I wanted others to learn from my mistakes.

--Bluelens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze