For some reason today my GPS Navigation can't find a connection on my Droid X with 2.3.3. When I fire up Navigation I get a "searching for GPS..." warning and the locator icon flashes in the top bar. I've restarted several times and then pulled the battery out once, but nothing seems to work. According to my settings I am using Google location services only.

Is this a network error or my handset. Any help would be appreciated.Thank you.
    06-24-2011 10:34 AM
    For some reason today my GPS Navigation can't find a connection on my Droid X with 2.3.3. When I fire up Navigation I get a "searching for GPS..." warning and the locator icon flashes in the top bar. I've restarted several times and then pulled the battery out once, but nothing seems to work. According to my settings I am using Google location services only.

Is this a network error or my handset. Any help would be appreciated.Thank you.
    I've had this happen before a few times as well. My fix was to go into the market and uninstall updates to Google Maps. After that, I rebooted and reinstalled the updates and Navigation worked fine. Not sure why this was the case, but maybe the latest google map update corrupted something. It always seems to happen after a map update.

worth a shot.
    RCandMoonPie and nmDXaddict like this.
    06-24-2011 10:46 AM
    I've had this happen before a few times as well. My fix was to go into the market and uninstall updates to Google Maps. After that, I rebooted and reinstalled the updates and Navigation worked fine. Not sure why this was the case, but maybe the latest google map update corrupted something. It always seems to happen after a map update.

worth a shot.
    TallyHo - Thanks for the idea. I learned a new trick today. That SEEMS to have worked for now. It takes FOREVER to locate. I'm still not sure what is going on through.
    06-24-2011 11:28 AM
    Yeah it's finicky. Seeing how Navigation is a "Beta" technically, you won't get any support either. You might also look to see what apps you have installed recently that use your GPS. Might have corrupted something there.
    RCandMoonPie likes this.
    06-24-2011 11:32 AM
    Yeah it's finicky. Seeing how Navigation is a "Beta" technically, you won't get any support either. You might also look to see what apps you have installed recently that use your GPS. Might have corrupted something there.
    Good idea. Thanks again.
    06-24-2011 11:35 AM
    rebooting my phone and getting ready to re-install the updates. This aggravating to say the least. Hope it does help!

Thanks for the tip!
    06-24-2011 11:37 AM
    rebooting my phone and getting ready to re-install the updates. This aggravating to say the least. Hope it does help!

Thanks for the tip!
    nmDXaddict -

I updated a few apps this morning. Do you have any of the same apps:

Google Docs
    Angry Birds
    Angry Birds Seasons
    Tank Hero
    Pandora
    Sears
    WIS News to Go
    Missed Message Flash
    Google Goggles

If so, we might be able to find out if an app is causing an issue.
    06-24-2011 11:41 AM
    nmDXaddict -

I updated a few apps this morning. Do you have any of the same apps:

Google Docs
    Angry Birds
    Angry Birds Seasons
    Tank Hero
    Pandora
    Sears
    WIS News to Go
    Missed Message Flash
    Google Goggles

If so, we might be able to find out if an app is causing an issue.
    Out of your list, only Angry Birds, Google Docs, and Angry birds Seasons.
    RCandMoonPie likes this.
    06-24-2011 11:44 AM
    Out of your list, only Angry Birds, Google Docs, and Angry birds Seasons.
    It doesn't seem like any of those would cause a problem. But stranger things have happened. Have you updated to 2.3.3 recently?
    06-24-2011 11:51 AM
    Yeah, I updated when it was released. Which is when I noticed the GPS issue. Not a huge deal for me right now, but the wife gets mad every time my phone won't do what's it supposed to do.
    06-24-2011 11:53 AM
    Yeah, I updated when it was released. Which is when I noticed the GPS issue. Not a huge deal for me right now, but the wife gets mad every time my phone won't do what's it supposed to do.
    Been there. My wife is the same way. We both have the Droid X on 2.3.3.

Has anyone else had Navigator issues on 2.3.3?
    06-24-2011 12:15 PM
    Apparently my GPS lock was short lived. Still no GPS signal on 2.3.3 and Maps 5.6.0. Google forums are lit up about this too...
    06-24-2011 01:38 PM
    also having a problem with gps.

mytracks can't get a lock. So I installed GPS Status app and it shows it can see sats, but never locks on any of them.
    06-25-2011 04:18 PM
    After clearing cache, uninstalling and re-installing, it still took about 5 minutes before it locked. Better than nothing at all, I guess.
    06-25-2011 05:45 PM
    I was having the same issue. Here is what worked for me:

Download "GPS Test" in the market
    Go to "settings" then "update AGPS"

GPS locks quickly just like it did before the GB update after doing this. Hope it helps
    07-09-2011 11:05 AM
    I had the same issue last weekend. I was going out of town and expecting to use navigation, instead I could not get or keep a consistent GPS lock for any length of time. I gave up and got a replacement from verizon. It seems fine right now on GB, but my previous X was fine at first after updating to GB.
    07-10-2011 09:12 PM
    I have another possible fix that worked for me, that I got from another post on these forums...

When I have either no GPS connectivity or it takes a long time to fix the issue seems to be with the internal compass... Once I recalibrate the compass, i get at least a week of quicker GPS fixes. It's a simple test that might be worth a try...
    07-12-2011 05:06 PM
    This is what I found that helped fix this problem. The app is free in the market plus there is a paid version as well. This is the thread I found the fix on, but I posted the instructions below the link.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...677?tstart=150

I had this problem and I found a fix! I used GPS Status & Toolbox by EclipSim.
    Menu - tools - manage a-gps state
    I did a reset followed by a download

Now my GPS is getting a fix very quickly again!

The directions seemed to simple for it to work, but in the end I can't believe it actually fixed the problem. I'm honestly impressed. Time to donate to this developer for the paid version. Hope this helps any fellow DX owners with this issue.
    07-13-2011 01:36 PM
    I had the same issue on my droid x after recent update, just keeps searching for GPS message and no voice directions. Tried system reboot, battery pull, cleared cache, but no change. As a last resort I uninstalled the recent update to Google Maps and unchecked automatic updates and Voila` GPS is Back to normal with voice guidance as it should be!
    08-24-2011 03:12 PM