Modem Did Not Power Up Error - Need Assistance

deahl001

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
So I have a bit of a problem. I will explain the timeline of events. Any assistance anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Roughly a week ago I rooted my stock 2.3.4 X2 using the one click method. Click Here for Example.

No issues with that.

Yesterday I decided I wanted to install the CM7 rom This method.

I began flashing the 2.3.4 SBF using my Windows 7 64-bit machine with RSD 5.4.4. It completed flashing groups through the G65. It then attempted to switch to bypass mode. I received this error "Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode(0x70BE)" and it failed.

I have since updated the QHSUSB Driver and tried again. Still no luck.

Tried multiple computers and it still kept failing.

I have also tried booting into Ubuntu and was supposedly able to load the SBF using SBF_FLASH successfully. I say supposedly because the terminal acts as though there were no issues and it completes, but the phone still doesn't work.

When I boot up the X2 now, I get the error "Modem did not power up (1) Starting RSD protocol support".

I have the ability to get to the recovery menu and such so I am hoping there is some avenue I can take to get back to a functioning phone. Please let me know if you can help!

Thanks!

Last edited:

deahl001

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I am also able to boot into the android OS by using the Boot Android (No BP) option on the boot menu. Everything in the actual OS seems fine, just no signal.

kenjesse

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it makes the difference but i use RSD Lite v5.3.1 to SBF my X2 from my HP laptop running 64 bit WIN-7 and have never had a problem. You might try that version and see how it goes. And I'm running CM 7 and loving it, also worth no problems. Good luck

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

kenjesse

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Still very much a noob with all this stuff but you might try the XDA Forum. There are a couple of threads regarding this issue...my noobness prevents me from supplying a link as i can't figure out how to get it done. Just look for the dx2 development forum and again good luck getting it fixed.

kenjesse

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Seems from what I've read that no one has found the cause. Theories are all over the place... One had the prob on laptop win 7 32 bit but had success when they sbf'd from their win 7 64 bit desktop using the same sbf file. Someone else has this prob when using front usb ports but success when they used rear usb Ports. Looks to me that the problem is with the processes and not the phone but what exactly is going wrong with the process is beyond me. One other fix mentioned was using lennox rather than windows but from what you've said you already tried that. Try the sbf tutorial in the xda dx2 forum (it's stickied) toward the last page of the thread this problem is mentioned.

deahl001

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I have done the stuff they mention over there. None have worked. I believe the radio needs to be flashed, but I can't seem to find a lot of info on that. Was hoping someone might be able to shed light on if that is the problem and if so how to flash it.

kenjesse

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Did think of something to try. If you can find a computer to use that didn't have RSD or motto drivers installed... You could do a clean install and download of sbf file an try sbfing from that computer....just saying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc