X2 Bootloader

andrewp3481

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a X now and might get a X2 soon, but I had concerns. FIrst I hear the bootloader is locked. I dont want any phone I cant sbf to stock is something goes wrong. also, is there anyone working on a sbf for this? i know this phone hasnt been out long...but anyone know of things in progress?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
the bootloader is locked, but that doesnt prevent you from sbf'ing; just prevents you from changing the kernel. and no one "works" on an sbf file; verizon and motorola have one, and its just the wait for someone on their end to leak it out on the internet

fargles

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
n00b here, whats and sbf? I get some of this like kernals and kinda get roms but just heard sbf in this thread and another one on the X2 threads and haven't the slightest idea what that is lol.
any help is much appreciated:D

digital0verdose

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
n00b here, whats and sbf? I get some of this like kernals and kinda get roms but just heard sbf in this thread and another one on the X2 threads and haven't the slightest idea what that is lol.
any help is much appreciated:D

It's a stock back-up file that has all the software and settings your phone comes with out of the box.

Reactions: CharlieL3