Gaming Artifacts on the DX2?

hapyman

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

Just got my DX2 a couple days ago and I just started installing some games. One thing that I noticed is that there is a lot of strange artifacts during gameplay.

1st up was Angry Birds. Seems to bee random textures and shaders showing up making it look really glitchy and sporadic. It happens quite frequently, even in the game menus, which is really disappointing.

2nd up was Air Attack HD. Same thing but less noticeable and not as frequent.

3rd up was Homerun Battle 3D. This was the worst thus far. Tons of random artifacts across the entire screen.

Couple of questions:

Does anyone else get these?

Is this the developers or the phones fault?

Anything I can do to fix this?

Will GB help fix this?

Thanks a bunch guys. Looking forward to your input.

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like it's possibly overheating. I have noticed nothing of the sort with two DX2's.

The only graphics oddities I have noticed are all related to the miserable pentile screen. Ghosting & trails as the birds fly in Angry Birds, and blurry planes and other projectiles when moving quickly in AirAttack. Otherwise, all of my issues are when viewing images in the photo gallery as the pentile screen makes certain human fleshtones looks splotchy and/or darker/redder than usual.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like it's possibly overheating. I have noticed nothing of the sort with two DX2's.

The only graphics oddities I have noticed are all related to the miserable pentile screen. Ghosting & trails as the birds fly in Angry Birds, and blurry planes and other projectiles when moving quickly in AirAttack. Otherwise, all of my issues are when viewing images in the photo gallery as the pentile screen makes certain human fleshtones looks splotchy and/or darker/redder than usual.

My screen is not that bad... I owned a Fascinate prior to this device for a short period of time, and I can honestly say that I prefer the colors and the tone of the DX2 screen. Sure, the greens are a little off, but I find both photos and games to look great and NATURAL. I think we've been conditioned to think that highly over-saturated, color-popping displays are somehow superior or of an 'HD" quality. I feel that the DX2 has more natural colors than any of the Samsung AMOLED offerings. Sure, you can see some pixelation if you look VERY VERY close to the screen, but overall I'm very satisfied with it, pentile or not (and like it or not, pentile is here to stay on the high-end line of moto phones, e.g. bionic, dx2, d3....).

hapyman

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... I will keep an eye on the temps but I am pretty sure they are fine. If anything the artifacts are less once the phone warms up a little. I'm going to have to try it on my fiance's phone and see if she gets the same artifacts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol