X2 keyboard closing

bgredjeep

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So my wife got a Droid X2 a month or so back and she has just recently started having trouble with the keyboard on the phone closing when she tries to type. The phone is completely stock, no rooting, standard apps (words w/ friends, FB, maybe a few others), and this issue has only starting in about the last week as far as I'm aware.

So far it doesn't appear to matter where she is typing. She has the same problem in the browser, texting, email, Facebook, etc. It usally happens when she hits the space bar, but I've also seen it hitting other keys at random. Sometimes she gets 3-4 words in before it starts, other times its immediate. She has also noticed that if she continues typing (reopening the keyboard for each word) at some point she starts seeing the letters show garbled characters until she taps in the text field (then she can read what she had just typed). Once she starts typing again the new letters are garbled again.

We've tried reboots, reinstalling some of the apps that were affected, and battery pulls w/ no change. The next step will be a complete data wipe when I get home this evening.

I didn't see any threads about this behavior in the forum search. Has anyone seen, or solved this issue? Otherwise the phone is great

hga101

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
So my wife got a Droid X2 a month or so back and she has just recently started having trouble with the keyboard on the phone closing when she tries to type. The phone is completely stock, no rooting, standard apps (words w/ friends, FB, maybe a few others), and this issue has only starting in about the last week as far as I'm aware.

So far it doesn't appear to matter where she is typing. She has the same problem in the browser, texting, email, Facebook, etc. It usally happens when she hits the space bar, but I've also seen it hitting other keys at random. Sometimes she gets 3-4 words in before it starts, other times its immediate. She has also noticed that if she continues typing (reopening the keyboard for each word) at some point she starts seeing the letters show garbled characters until she taps in the text field (then she can read what she had just typed). Once she starts typing again the new letters are garbled again.

We've tried reboots, reinstalling some of the apps that were affected, and battery pulls w/ no change. The next step will be a complete data wipe when I get home this evening.

I didn't see any threads about this behavior in the forum search. Has anyone seen, or solved this issue? Otherwise the phone is great

im having the same problem with my X2 but im rooted and using supercharger script. i think its just a bug on the stock OS. i didnt know how to solve the problem but all i did is download a new keyboard off the marketplace and the problem no longer exist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol