When put on dock, ringtone starts playing

av8solo101

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Big Red sent me an X2 to replace my X that gave me nothing but problems after the GB update. It's been 2 days and I'm ready to toss it out a window! :mad:

My biggest problem is that when I put it on the dock to recharge at night, it starts playing a ringtone. It will NOT stop unless I pull down the notification bar. There is nothing but the home dock icon showing there. Then, about 34 minutes later, the ringtone starts again and I again have to pull down the Not bar. Then about 41 minutes later it does it again.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Your help will save my bedroom window from become an exit for the X2!

Thanks,
JR

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
What are your sound settings set at? Do you have any notifications set? Full battery, roaming tone, software update or a reminder for a text or email?

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
What if you just plug in the phone with out a dock?
What ringtone? Normal ringtone, contact ringtone our just a random ringtone?
No apps like Tasker or AutomateIt?

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I've been using timeriffic, which I used on my OG droid, since the first day I got my X2. It mutes notifications at night. I never even realized there was a problem with the dock until i put it on there in the middle of the day one time. The app can change any settings for data, syncing, vibration and ringer on any schedule. Works great.

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
When I put the X2 in the dock, the default ringtone plays twice, then it is quiet. There are no settings for the dock mode other than brightness that i can find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol