I'm puzzled by the Gingerbread update

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been following the hipe about the Gingerbread update and I am excited about. Why I am puzzeled is because the verizons site gives indication that is is out now ( the COMING SOON) is removed but is you talking to motorola and verizon they say the soak tests have not completed. What is really going on with this update?

bbsadaj

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
verizon has a habit of limiting the capabilities of their devices and loading them up with bloatware is all. maybe the coming soon removal means that is on its way to being pushed out.

fargles

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the soak is just the new Blur? Cause a lot of people have gotten the update thus far( sadly not me:( ) lol

bbsadaj

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
i've heard that the update is rolled out in sections by vzw so the system isn't overloaded. the soak test is gb, not just blur.

GregTheBunny

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The way I understand it is that the update has rolled out to the soak testers, and once Moto and Verizon are satisfied that there are no major glitches, Verizon will begin rolling out the update to everyone.

I haven't yet heard of anyone who's not part of the soak getting the update pushed to them yet, but I may be wrong about that.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Im going to keep an eye on this thread, for I have not received the update either, sadly. I signed up for the soak test, but there is no update for me. I just hope I haven't screwed myself over by rooting it and possibly accidently deleting a system file instead of freezing it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
No need to worry. The GB update is running awesome so far, for the most part. It's far better than the official DX GB update that came out a few months ago and better than the leaked GB update for the Droid Pro. It's not up to par with the D3's GB, however.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey