Problems after GB update

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I thought I'd start this thread for people having issues after the update. I didn't see an existing thread for this so if there is one please merge it.

I'm pretty happy with the update so far. The only problem I'm having is random reboots. It's happened a couple times now in the past few hours.

drewdaak#AC

May 17, 2011
Visit site
While I greatly enjoy the GB update, there are a few negative aspects I wanted to point out (that may be specific to my phone, but just wanted to throw it out there):

1. Since the update, when plugging it into the dock, it doesn't always go into "multimedia mode," even tho the notification bar says it's connected to the dock. I even pull the drop bar down and select it... it doesn't do anything. I have to unplug and replug several times before it works. Kind of aggravating.

2. Handcent seems to be a little wonky now. It will sometimes not notify me of new text messages, either through a blinking LED or the screen turning on and a popup appearing. I sometimes will not know I have new messages until I turn the screen on and open the Handcent app. I've also noticed a significant increase in sent and received "double" "triple" and one time a friend asked why I messaged the same message 7 times!

3. A lot of people seem to have improved battery life. I feel like mine is almost the opposite. For example, I moved yesterday to a new apartment from the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles to the Brentwood area of Los Angeles. I took the phone off the charger at 12PM and my phone died at 9:15PM. With all the moving I did, I didn't heavily use my phone. 45% of the battery use was the Phone Idle section. The other majority was the display (obviously).

Again, the GB is really speedy and great, but my particular phone has been having those issues listed above.

fargles

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I lag... a lottttt. Well better then froyo but still a lot for a dual core phone ! Btw is there anyway to run just plain old gingerbread on here? Cause I would prefer that lol

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
A lot of people seem to have improved battery life. I feel like mine is almost the opposite. For example, I moved yesterday to a new apartment from the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles to the Brentwood area of Los Angeles. I took the phone off the charger at 12PM and my phone died at 9:15PM. With all the moving I did, I didn't heavily use my phone. 45% of the battery use was the Phone Idle section. The other majority was the display (obviously).

I haven't experienced any Handcent issue yet, but I'll have some people text me to give it a try. As far as battery: I don't think it's a coincidence that your battery life dropped with your move. If the signal is weaker in your new place, your phone will keep searching for a signal and kill the battery.

drewdaak#AC

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't experienced any Handcent issue yet, but I'll have some people text me to give it a try. As far as battery: I don't think it's a coincidence that your battery life dropped with your move. If the signal is weaker in your new place, your phone will keep searching for a signal and kill the battery.

While that would be a completely legitimate reason for battery life to decrease, I'm not sure that is applicable to my situation. My signal actually INCREASED at my new place lol...

This morning, I caught the bus from my place to UCLA, where I work. It's a 15 minute commute, and all I was doing was listening to music, using the UBERmusic app. When I arrived in my office, the battery was already at 85%... I thought that was a little extreme for battery use. Maybe my battery is failing, and I should go have it replaced under warranty at Verizon.

KC60

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. A lurker here making my first post.

Since I updated to system version 1.3.232.MB870.Verizon.en.US (Android 2.3.3) last night, I've lost the option to record video in 720p. Performance was always a bit iffy at that resolution, but now the HD option has simply gone missing from the video settings menu, with "DVD" 720x480 being the highest available. It makes no difference whether it's set to record to internal storage or the SD card.

Anyone else seeing this? I've searched but have not found mention of it yet.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I got the update and am loving it. Chomp works awesome and I would recommend hand cent people giving it a whirl if they are having problems. Does anyone know if we are going to get the new moto widgets like on the droid 3. I am currently using launcher pro.

sandman96

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Got the GB update and like other updates I've gotten on other phones in the past, I've been told to let the battery run completely down and then charge it back to 100%. Do this a few times and that helps the battery life. It has something to do with the system relearning the battery usage. So far I haven't had any problems since GB hit my X2 Tuesday night, keeping my fingers crossed.

rcodey

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Had several screen freezes since update. Only one or two in previous month on old software. On one freeze had to do battery pull for 1st time on phone.

Battery drain seems to be worse with new software

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. A lurker here making my first post.

Since I updated to system version 1.3.232.MB870.Verizon.en.US (Android 2.3.3) last night, I've lost the option to record video in 720p. Performance was always a bit iffy at that resolution, but now the HD option has simply gone missing from the video settings menu, with "DVD" 720x480 being the highest available. It makes no difference whether it's set to record to internal storage or the SD card.

Anyone else seeing this? I've searched but have not found mention of it yet.

You have to "scroll" up. Slide your thumb downwards and you should see HD 720p option at the top of the list above "DVD" and "VGS" resolution choices. Yeah, it's not very intuitive but that's how it is. A lot of stuff gets comrpessed like that in landscape mode.

drewdaak#AC

May 17, 2011
Visit site
So, after dealing with my previous issues to the point of wanting to throw my phone out the window, I just did a factory reset. It appears that all of the prior problems (minus the battery life issue) have been fixed. I just now have to spend hours re-downloading all my apps and setting the phone back up haha. Let's hope it lasts...

drewdaak#AC

May 17, 2011
Visit site
So, after dealing with my previous issues to the point of wanting to throw my phone out the window, I just did a factory reset. It appears that all of the prior problems (minus the battery life issue) have been fixed. I just now have to spend hours re-downloading all my apps and setting the phone back up haha. Let's hope it lasts...

Spoke too soon :-( ... it still doesn't always go into multimedia mode when I put it in the dock...:mad:

CEDD76

May 25, 2011
Visit site
First time poster here, but I just got the update a few of days and I have to admit things seem way better. I had a stupid problem on froyo where when u went into the "files" explorer, I had like 3 seconds before it would automatically return me to my home screen no matter if you were trying to send something bluetooth or email. But they fixed that with the update and it just seem alittle smoother.

bmacster

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Battery life seems to have improved however it is still lagging some between screens. Memory management has improved but the multi-touch keyboard is still giving a lot of fits and issues.

Music is playing better, including Pandora no longer randomly going to the next song, in the middle of a song.

Video is simply horrible now. It went from usable while recording in 720p to now utter crap and uselss under the same settings. Not sure what the change was but I sure would like to use my camera again!

Lastly, no random reboots but applications tend to force close a bit more...

I really dislike being the "beta tester" for something that should be done properly the first time...

Sarge

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with Corporate Sync/Email giving an Invalid Certificate error message? I've deleted my account and set it back up (making sure to un-check the Verify Certificate options) but I'm still getting the error. Mail seems to be flowing in and out, so it's just an annoyance at this point...

totcm

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
That is a problem with the X2 Gingerbread load. You will have to wait for a fix to that.

You would think the way that Verizon tests these builds the dock issues would have come up. All of my problems with gingerbread relate to the dock so I hope someone fixes them soon! Otherwise it has really been awesome on my x2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey