I was getting tired of stock blur, so I decided to switch to my launcher Pro plus. To my surprise, the phone suffered heavily from screen redraws. Out of frustration, I purchased ADW Ex, and the same thing happens. There were no redraws with the stock launcher, and I haven't experienced them since my OG Droid. Anyone else have this problem?
    08-12-2011 07:33 AM
    I really like Go Launcher Ex!
    08-12-2011 02:41 PM
    I had the same problem with Launcher Pro when I first installed it. I swapped to every launcher on the Android Market....even the ones no one ever mentions like Regina 3D and Zeam Launcher. For the most part they had the same issues. I will tell you this though, Regina 3D was really, really nice, but it had its own problems.... Anyways after repeatably going from launcher to launcher I went back to the stock Blur launcher. It was pretty smooth (still some lag), but I can't stand how plain it is and how it looks like it snowed on the dock bar so I went back to Launcher Pro (I use the free version bc I'm cheap) It had the same problem for awhile, but for some reason after I got rid of my task killer I was using on Froyo to help it function normally (I almost had that perfect, I might add) It works fine. I have no redraws EVER and absolutely no lag. I even have the Nexus live wallpaper running in the background!!! I don't know what I did, but I'm glad I did it! On a more serious and possibly useful note....I'll at least tell you why the redraws occur. From what I understand, unless you root and freeze the stock Blur launcher, it will always redraw...or in my case, just very rarely. I don't really know what to tell you because I don't know what I did to make mine work as well as it does. I would say if you don't mind swapping to a slightly simpler launcher, go try Zeam Launcher. I was really smooth for me and does the job, but you are loosing some of the flashiness. It's free on the Market, get's 4.5 stars, and has over 500,000 downloads....give it a try.....good luck!!!!!
    08-13-2011 09:45 AM
    I went through exactly the same thing, I LOVED Launcher Pro+, bought it....SO SO SO laggy on DX2. Then I bough ADW EX+, loved it, but only slightly less laggy.

Once I learned to clear cache on DX2 in Android Recovery, that helped slightly....once I realized to remove Car Home Ultra+ that helped. Getting rid of Home Smack seemed obvious...am totally back to stock, no GB update, and still HUGE Lags....15 seconds to open browser...30 seconds to open contacts some times...that and skipping music in any app I try drives me crazy...what a bummer.

Have a Xoom, have had every Moto phone just about....this is enough to make me not get a Bionic may be...I have a VZW NE2 upgrade too....if they were getting the Samsing S2 I might be tempted.
    08-26-2011 07:40 PM
    I just put LPP on my DX2 after having it on my OGX. Does anyone have any more info on why this redraws so much? I was rooted and running a custom hybrid of liberty and apex on my OGX. Right now I'm just rooted on the stock GB that came with my DX2 (already updated I'm assuming, it's a refurb and said no update was available when I first got it) and it redraws every time I back out of ANY application.
    09-14-2011 02:15 PM
    I just put LPP on my DX2 after having it on my OGX. Does anyone have any more info on why this redraws so much? I was rooted and running a custom hybrid of liberty and apex on my OGX. Right now I'm just rooted on the stock GB that came with my DX2 (already updated I'm assuming, it's a refurb and said no update was available when I first got it) and it redraws every time I back out of ANY application.
    Well, I rooted my DX2 and am currently Eclipse v0.5. I'm using ADWex, and currently have no screen redraws whatsoever. Definitely a miraculous improvement.
    09-14-2011 09:22 PM
    I was having nasty redraw lag problems with both Launcher Pro and ADW on my X2, both unrooted and after rooting and cleaning up some bloatware and all that. I tried cache cleaning with the 1 tap app, and it didn't do much. So I uninstalled the launchers and we back to stock Moto GB (rooted) launcher and it's a ton better. I miss Launcher Pro, but stock launcher isn't all bad, and well worth getting rid of the terrible redraw problem.
    09-15-2011 09:04 AM
    Custom Roms definitely help with lag since they are usually rid of bloatware and built for speed. Im running eclipse on my DX2 and its fast. I was using ADW launcher but recently switched to Launcher 7 which I actually like. My phone has no lag.
    09-15-2011 09:36 AM
    So is Eclipse like the Liberty for the X2? I have held off on doing any custom ROM's because I haven't been able to find an SBF file in case anything goes wrong. And I want to be able to SBF in case I need to send my phone back for any issues. Also I would like to stay with a GB based ROM. Seems like it has better battery life compared to froyo.
    09-15-2011 07:03 PM
    So is Eclipse like the Liberty for the X2? I have held off on doing any custom ROM's because I haven't been able to find an SBF file in case anything goes wrong. And I want to be able to SBF in case I need to send my phone back for any issues. Also I would like to stay with a GB based ROM. Seems like it has better battery life compared to froyo.
    Yea, Eclipse is a full-fledged ROM, although it is based off of the stock dx2 firmware. Nitroglycerin, the developer, has removed practically all of the blur components, replacing them with AOSP apps (camera, dialer, gallery, etc.). The ROM is also optimized for speed. I NEVER get any music skipping, even when browsing the internet and listening to Pandora simultaneously. And, of course, there haven't been any redraws, regardless of which launcher I use.

And as for the SBF, you can SBF back to stock:

[SBF] Gingerbread SBF for MB870 Verizon Droid X2 [SBF] - xda-developers

This is the link for Eclipse v0.5:

[ROM][GB]Eclipse v0.5 (9/2/11) - xda-developers
    09-15-2011 08:01 PM
    Yea, Eclipse is a full-fledged ROM, although it is based off of the stock dx2 firmware. Nitroglycerin, the developer, has removed practically all of the blur components, replacing them with AOSP apps (camera, dialer, gallery, etc.). The ROM is also optimized for speed. I NEVER get any music skipping, even when browsing the internet and listening to Pandora simultaneously. And, of course, there haven't been any redraws, regardless of which launcher I use.

And as for the SBF, you can SBF back to stock:

[SBF] Gingerbread SBF for MB870 Verizon Droid X2 [SBF] - xda-developers

This is the link for Eclipse v0.5:

[ROM][GB]Eclipse v0.5 (9/2/11) - xda-developers
    I flashed to Eclipse v0.6 and while it was super fast and snappy and had virtually no blur, I kept getting force closes when I would open any type of media. Tried flashing several times and got the same thing.

Now I'm back to nameless ROM and am pretty happy with the performance so far. Navendrob says theres gonna be more 2.3.4 goodness on the way as well.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    09-16-2011 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD