Notification Icon?

shannonkish

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded by force to the X2 from the DX. I have noticed a new notification icon that I have never seen and have no idea what it is for or how to get rid of it.

The icon is on the right hand side of the notification bar, next to the time and battery level. It looks like a battery meter that is vertical. In it, there is a check mark. It is gray in color.

Any ideas?

nmangiafesto86

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
That's your alarm, when you have your alarm set that's the new icon they have when you upgrade to Gingerbread...just turn off your alarm and you'll see it go away.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Shannonkish probably just meant it wasn't all that clear. I have shown this icon to several people and no one had any idea what it was. I thought it was a clipboard with a check mark at first. And, as shannonkish stated, I also considered it being a battery, only vertical.

If the hour and minute hand were changed so that they didn't look like a check mark, I very well might have realized it was a clock right away.

I found out that it was a clock on a post on another forum, where someone else was confused. So, odd, confusing, whatever, IMO, it's a poor choice for an icon. They could have at least used the clock representing the Alarm in Alarm & Timer. Now that looks like a clock.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
It would be really cool if the hands of the clock were set to the time you had your alarm set to.

What threw me off initially is the placement of the icon. I'm used to everything showing up to the left of the battery indicator.

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I knew it was for alarms but I didnt understand the icon. It didnt look like a clock to me. Just a box with a check mark like others thought. It would have made more sense if the clock was a circle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12