I just upgraded by force to the X2 from the DX. I have noticed a new notification icon that I have never seen and have no idea what it is for or how to get rid of it.

The icon is on the right hand side of the notification bar, next to the time and battery level. It looks like a battery meter that is vertical. In it, there is a check mark. It is gray in color.

Any ideas?
    08-13-2011 08:00 PM
    That's your alarm, when you have your alarm set that's the new icon they have when you upgrade to Gingerbread...just turn off your alarm and you'll see it go away.
    08-13-2011 09:20 PM
    Ah, perfect! Thank you! What an odd icon to represent an alarm.
    08-13-2011 10:24 PM
    how is it odd? it's a clock. the "check mark" is the hour and minute hands.
    08-17-2011 11:39 PM
    Shannonkish probably just meant it wasn't all that clear. I have shown this icon to several people and no one had any idea what it was. I thought it was a clipboard with a check mark at first. And, as shannonkish stated, I also considered it being a battery, only vertical.

If the hour and minute hand were changed so that they didn't look like a check mark, I very well might have realized it was a clock right away.

I found out that it was a clock on a post on another forum, where someone else was confused. So, odd, confusing, whatever, IMO, it's a poor choice for an icon. They could have at least used the clock representing the Alarm in Alarm & Timer. Now that looks like a clock.
    08-18-2011 11:54 AM
    It would be really cool if the hands of the clock were set to the time you had your alarm set to.

What threw me off initially is the placement of the icon. I'm used to everything showing up to the left of the battery indicator.
    08-18-2011 12:47 PM
    What if you had multiple alarms active?
    User One likes this.
    08-18-2011 01:33 PM
    I knew it was for alarms but I didnt understand the icon. It didnt look like a clock to me. Just a box with a check mark like others thought. It would have made more sense if the clock was a circle.
    08-30-2011 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD