keyboard spasms

fargles

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
ok so the keyboard was working perfectly fine, however in the past couple days the keyboard will just close as I am typing. I have tried going very slowly to make sure I am not accidentally clicking anything to make it close it just does. Also after it closes it lags to reopen then all the words are lines until the keyboard closes again. It is quite frustrating, especially since getting GB was supposed to six everything... All my problems (a lot were just minor problems music skipping once or twice a song, lag etc.) This phone should fly and not have any lag but GB has honestly made this phone worse. The lag is not gone, there is less but still noticeable. It still skips songs, once a song or two. However battery life has taken a tank and now this keyboard crap is really getting frustrating, any advise on what to do? Not rooted or anything like that so suggest things please:D

would I be able to .sbf back to froyo? I am starting to prefer the minor issues of froyo to the minor issues of GB cause they are getting a little more then minor.

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
the phone should screem but it is terribly buggy. your going to have a ton of issues. gb fixed some but created just as many new ones for me. i hate this phone with a passion.

I highly doubt you will solve your lag issues, it just gets worse the more apps you put on it.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, GB fixed some issues, but, there are still more to be resolved. But, the phone has only been out for three months now, I still have hopes that more issues will be resolved.

I don't know that it's just the quantity of apps that you put on your phone, so much as the type of apps that you put on your phone. I have a couple of apps that after I install an app, perform some functionality. I notice my phone lags and hangs up for a couple of seconds after I install an app. But, once those apps are done doing their thing, I'm back to the phone being fast.

I think most of my issues are with apps. The thing that bugs me the most right now is Google Voice is running terribly slow. Very slow to switch between screens and open my inbox.

The only thing I ever experience with the keyboard is random lockups, like I mentioned above, but, I can keep typing. Once whatever the phone was doing is done, it enters whatever I typed, the haptic just doesn't work, but, it takes your input. The keyboard will also lockup when I have an incoming text message through Google Voice.

What type of lag are you experiencing? Anything like I mentioned above?

fargles

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I will have keyboard lag when I click a text box, it lags to open. Then when I am typing it will hang up. then I have had some massive lag just scrolling though homescreens and even getting my icons to appear when I hit the home button.
I totally agree the GB brought more problems then it fixed, maybe now that Moto is under Google we can get some stable updates? lmao

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I don't have issues in any of those areas. Maybe try checking what apps are running, close some apps, see if that makes it run any faster. I get random lag, but, nothing like what you describe.

I do have an issue with icons not appearing sometimes when I hit home, but, it's not lag. If I just swipe to a different desktop all the icons appear again. Kinda weird, but, not a huge deal.

Did the issue start recently, or, was it after the GB update? If it was recent, maybe it was an app you installed. Couldn't hurt to try uninstalling some of the more active apps.

fargles

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
yah it's more or less recently, the lag between homescreens has been since GB but everything else is fairly new, I shall try to uninstall some apps but I haven't downloaded that many new ones. Can't hurt though:D

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, if it was recently, lets just hope it was something you installed. Good luck!! If that doesn't work, hopefully someone else will have some insight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis