View Poll Results: How does the X2's screen compare to the Samsung Charge?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • A) Compared to the Samsung Charge, the X2's screen is much better

5 41.67%
  • B) The Samsung Charge has a much better screen

4 33.33%
  • C) I can't tell the difference

3 25.00%
    Howdy folks! With all of the recent information regarding the upcoming Droid Bionic release, I figured why not get the facts straight from the forums' mouth. Based on the leaks we've seen thus far, the Bionic should have the same Pentile screen that the Droid X2 uses. If that's true, then what do you think about your screen quality?
    08-24-2011 04:06 PM
    I heard all types of reviews about how bad the pixelation was. Im a week into this phone and haven't noticed it before. I have stuck the phone up to my nose, and than yes u can see them. IMO the display is wonderfully. On side note, I am not that picky, just a normal consumer.
    08-24-2011 05:14 PM
    It depends on how bright the screen is..with max brightness you'll me able to see it from like a foot away

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    08-25-2011 01:17 PM
    ...I don't see it unless I look for it, it is not as bad as some are making it out to be.
    this is coming from someone who has a Charge and a DX2 in the house...
    the Charge's screen is beautiful but I truly enjoy looking at my phone and being able to see it in the sun, it's great!
    08-25-2011 03:41 PM
    I love the screen on my X2. It looks great. It works pretty well in direct sunlight too.

And, I know people are all, ohh, the Charge's screen is so great. But, I wasn't impressed. We were in Costco looking at it, and, my girlfriend described it as garish, which is the perfect word for it.
    08-26-2011 07:51 AM
    I bashed the X2's screen when the phone first came out, at the time I had the original X. I ended up getting the Charge because I wanted 4G, but I just returned it and picked up the X2, feels more like home again.

I didn't like it at first probably because I was studying the screen a little too much, but compared to the Charge's SAMOLED plus screen, it's definitely easier on the eyes. The Charge's screen is too vivid, looks cartoonish and videos have way too much contrast. Everything looks natural on the X2. Yea I do still see the "pixelation" but it's not as bad as I thought. For the speed of this phone, it's not an issue for me at all.
    08-29-2011 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD