Troubles with Voice Search

ras-mataz

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm a new Droid user and still am trying to figure things out. On my Motorola X2 with Verizon, the Voice Search app does not work properly. If I say: "Text Joe Smith when will you be home?" It opens up a text box, but there is nothing in the 'to' box and in the 'message' box it says: "Joe Smith when will you be home?" The navigate and call features do not work either. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to no avail. Any suggestions?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I think you have to say "send text to." That is what it's telling me when I hit help to see all of the options.

I don't use this functionality, but, I have tested it before and know that it works fine. I do use it frequently for "send note to self make sure to do this" and have no issues with it. And, I've used this to send email to multiple recipients and have had no issues.

I know that sometimes if you don't talk clear enough, it wont work just right. You might want to try talking more slowly with more annunciation. See if that helps. You shouldn't have to, but, it can't hurt to see if that could be an issue as well. The voice recognition can be a little spotty at times. I don't even bother correcting my "note to self" text anymore, because it thankfully attaches a recording of what I said and I can just listen to that if I have no idea what the note to self says. Haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888