It's coming! Official VZW 2.3.4 release notes posted

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/droidx2.pdf

It looks to be the exact same software update as what my X2 running the leaked 2.3.4 SBF shows. So those of you who are impatient can go ahead and "safely" install the SBF without worrying. Everyone else just sit tight for a week or two and the update should be rolling out OTA.

Kudos again to Moto and VZW for fast-tracking this one! I'm glad the X2 is finally a usable device!

Reactions: Devinator

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. Thanks for posting the link. When you posted your review earlier I started to get all antsy for it's release. I'll wait for the OTA though. I just hope it's coming soon. Thanks again for keeping us up to date on this info.

keithb2real

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So question if I want to use the 2.3.4 sbf on my rooted droid x2 do I need to unroot first? and please let me know if im correct here, but I download the 2.3.4 zip file save to my pc rename update.zip and drop it in the root menu of my phone right? I then go through the whole power off, power back on into the phone menu... use the arrow keys and select the update.zip file that I placed there correct? If anyone would like to break it down once more it would be greatly appreciate!

fargles

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
So question if I want to use the 2.3.4 sbf on my rooted droid x2 do I need to unroot first? and please let me know if im correct here, but I download the 2.3.4 zip file save to my pc rename update.zip and drop it in the root menu of my phone right? I then go through the whole power off, power back on into the phone menu... use the arrow keys and select the update.zip file that I placed there correct? If anyone would like to break it down once more it would be greatly appreciate!

I don't know if your way is wrong, but I do know that I have to download RSD Lite. That is the program run the .sbf basically... I am not sure if you can do it your was but I have always used RSD Lite and the .sbf file lol

Mr One 2#AC

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site

This is a sbf. You need to flash it w a computer. Download motorola drivers and RSD lite to PC. Download 2.3.4 to PC and unzip. Boot your phone into stock phone recovery, wipe factory reset, than find rsd mode in recovery and enter that. Open rsd on PC and browse for your sbf file, select it and plug phone it via USB. Hit start button and wait. You may bootloop when its all done. Just pull batery, reinsert and go to recovery. Wipe reset again and reboot. (I think USB debug needs to be on in settings)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz