Battery Problems?

Hotweelz

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone experienced any major battery problems after the update? Like the battery draining in less than a day of light to medium usage. Before the update I used to get a full day or so of usage and now in the last week after upgrade I barely get half a day.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Quite the opposite for me, I get noticeably better battery life. Have you tried recalibrating the battery? After a new update, that helps a lot of people. Search for an app called "Battery Calibration."

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Opposite for me as well. I get about 20% more battery life each day since the update- couldn't be happier.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I get excellent battery life. I experimented yesterday with leaving 3G on in a fringe area switching 3g/1x all day, and kept the screen on for about 3 hours. I still got 15 hours of battery life with this stress test. Light use would get me more than a day, easily.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

eartht0negirl

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes! My phone has sucked since the update. Was unsure if it was the update or an app at first, but pretty sure it's the update. Home screen takes forever to render, wonky switching btw screens, and the battery life tanked. When I exit programs I see a screenshot from Words w Friends... unrooted x2.

I'll try the link for battery recalibration...

Edit: do I recalibrate every battery or just do this once?

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I would assume it only works with one battery. I don't think the connection between the phone and the battery is that sophisticated. But, I could be wrong.

markabele

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting much better battery life now.

I still have about 20% and I took my phone off the charger over 32 hours ago. Medium usage, not many calls, wifi on the whole time, but I don't live in the best area for cell signal which is pretty important to battery life.

I would call that pretty dang good for a 4.3 inch phone!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's crazy. I wish I got that much life from my battery. I could probably make it the whole day (home to work to home), but, I use my phone constantly. Also , I get great signal and have lots of syncing. I can't believe that being in a poor signal area gives you at least double the battery life I get. Crazy.

fargles

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's crazy. I wish I got that much life from my battery. I could probably make it the whole day (home to work to home), but, I use my phone constantly. Also , I get great signal and have lots of syncing. I can't believe that being in a poor signal area gives you at least double the battery life I get. Crazy.

It's strange because normally low signal means worse battery life because you are using more battery to send more power to the radio to raise the signal.
I get about a day-ish with fairly heavy usage ... it could be better but it could be a lot worse

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I found some stuff when I googled this supporting what you say, I guess that makes sense. I wonder then what accounts for markabele's excellent battery life. Hehe.

But, yea, I'm happy with getting through the day. If I didn't work in an office where I could charge my phone, I'd probably be more concerned, hehe.

MunkinDrunky

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
My battery life runs from 1.5 days close to 3 depending on usage. That goes from plenty of texting all day with some phone calls, checking email and browsing mostly- using 3g, to just texting and checking email a bit- on 3g. I also use battery saver built in stock. I use custom setting to have the 3g turn off automatically at night or times when i am asleep most often. This makes my battery last much longer. It will probably loose 10% or less over 10hrs that way. (note: my 3g speeds are horrid, but cell signal is strong- dont know which drains battery more)

Though my battery has taken several weeks to see real potential. I did calibrate once (it helped a little), using a market app, but that started the whole process of the battery adjusting all over again. Only just recently has this potential been reached.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's great. I wish I got that sort of battery life. Now I'm going to have to do some tweaking of my phone to see if I can improve mine. Yet another task to add to my todo list, hehe.

Mr One 2#AC

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Why not just throw phone on charger over night? Not sure what the preoccupation w battery life lasting more than your waking hours. Just my two cents. Sorry for the rant.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
What if you went camping? :p Well, I have backup batteries, but, still, it's a valid point. Especially if you are using your GPS and you don't have back up batteries.

Sure you can charge your phone overnight, but, I don't see how improving battery life is a bad thing. The battery will last longer, you'll save electricity, and, if you are using your phone really hard it'll last longer. I can blow through my phone battery in a couple of hours if I am using it really really hard. So, anything that can improve it is a good thing. Generally I get a full day out of my phone, but, on the off chance that I need to use it really hard during the day, having it run more efficiently and last any amount longer is a good thing, IMO.

I mean, there is nothing wrong with discussing efficiency, right? You can fill your car up with gas when it's almost empty, but, wouldn't you still want to know how to get better MPG?

spearmootz

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
i havent really had any battery problems after the update. I once had a problem with the phone not charging my battery once totally drained, but no big issue

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I was quite thrilled with my battery life this weekend. We have two X2s in the house, and, no power for almost two days now because of the storms in the NE. Our phones and four backup batteries kept us sane. Still had one full battery too!! Now to recharge the empties at work. :D

1Peter

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I was having probs with battery life. I found this worked. Go into settings and find location. Switch off the location switch.
Charge battery and leave locations off for 24 hrs then switch back on. Seems ok so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs