Bricked??? Battery To Low To Flash.

dmchenry35

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Failed to boot 2

Loading RDS Recovery

Battery to low to flash.

There you have it, pretty sure its bricked. The battery won't charge any more, even though it was at about 95% charge when this happened.

All attempts at getting it into recovery have failed, and any attempt to see it in RDSLite has failed.

Any other tips?

Mr One 2#AC

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Buy a battery.... googled this and some people have had luck cutting the end of a usb cable and stripping the wires. They than directly charge the battery by putting the exposed wires directly on the terminals. I wouldn't attempt it though lol. Good luck!!!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Buy a battery.... googled this and some people have had luck cutting the end of a usb cable and stripping the wires. They than directly charge the battery by putting the exposed wires directly on the terminals. I wouldn't attempt it though lol. Good luck!!!

Well, they did say the battery was 95% charged when it happened, so, I don't think that would help anyway, regardless as to how unsafe it is. :p

Additionally, if you really need to charge a battery, but, can't through the phone, there are some pretty cheap options out there. I have a universal phone charger that will charge a battery when it's not attached to your cell phone. They cost around five bucks. I bought one because the charger port on my last phone broke. Here are some examples.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1379594

Sorry for taking the thread off topic. I'm not really sure what you should do. If you don't get an answer here, you might want to consider posting this in the General Help thread. You'll get a larger pool of knowledgeable people there.

Mr One 2#AC

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
He may have been @ 95% but when flashing the battery doesn't charge. Depending on how long it was flashing before failing, it could have very well drained the battery. Who knows?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's possible. I would think that it would need to be flashing for a couple of hours in order for that to happen. But, I guess it's possible, didn't really think of that. :p

Either way, if that is the case and they only have one battery, the link I posted is a better way to charge without the phone. :p

I mean, first I'd check with a spare battery. We have two X2s in our house, so, we have four additional batteries. They were only five bucks on Amazon, so, why not. Hopefully the OP has another battery they can test with. That's what I would have suggested they try if you hadn't already suggested it. :D

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Failed to boot 2

Loading RDS Recovery

Battery to low to flash.

There you have it, pretty sure its bricked. The battery won't charge any more, even though it was at about 95% charge when this happened.

All attempts at getting it into recovery have failed, and any attempt to see it in RDSLite has failed.

Any other tips?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams