I am not big into conspiracies, but this program Carrier IQ really bugs me. does anyone know how to get rid of it?

There really is no privacy anymore is there. Big Brother is watching!!!

Here is the article from Yahoo:

Your Smartphone Is Spying on You - Yahoo! News
    12-01-2011 08:49 AM
    But not all carriers. Glad I'm on Verizon and they have no part in this fiasco. Carrier IQ scandal

Also checked my phone and it's not there, so I guess this article is correct.
    12-01-2011 11:17 PM
    I am not big into conspiracies, but this program Carrier IQ really bugs me. does anyone know how to get rid of it?

You basically have to root your phone and install a Rom rebuilt entirely from source code, because the Carrier code is in everything.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    12-01-2011 11:36 PM

Is it actually on your phone? Menu -> Settings -> Manage Applications -> All, then scroll down to IQRD.

Mine doesn't have it I guess since I'm on Verizon.
    12-01-2011 11:41 PM
    Is it actually on your phone? Menu -> Settings -> Manage Applications -> All, then scroll down to IQRD.

Mine doesn't have it I guess since I'm on Verizon.
    I know it doesn't appear to be, but I don't trust these people at all. Just because you can't find it, doesn't mean it isn't there. Do some really good, intense searching of your phone. See if you can find anything odd.

12-01-2011 11:47 PM
    "Carrier IQ is unique in the wireless industry because we are the only company embedding diagnostic software in millions of subscribers’ phones. And, we are the only ones who add the "IQ" or smarts to the data. This is Actionable Intelligence –information and analysis you can use to identify problems and more importantly, solve them. And, we are a proven leader with millions of handsets deployed with Carrier IQ software inside."

Here's the url: http://www.carrieriq.com/overview/index.htm

12-01-2011 11:53 PM
    Verizon Wireless does not use IQ
    12-15-2011 06:30 PM
    You basically have to root your phone and install a Rom rebuilt entirely from source code, because the Carrier code is in everything.

Unfortunately this is probably the case.
    12-16-2011 07:26 AM
    On Verizon Dx2 check for kpi logger service it is the same thing with a different Name
    01-05-2012 06:57 AM
    On Verizon Dx2 check for kpi logger service it is the same thing with a different Name
    Just looked this up. Looks like it's a performance monitor to determine bottlenecks.

"One of the often over looked aspects in an application is the capture of Key Performance Indicators(KPI). As an application executes over a period of time, its performance needs to be monitored for determining bottle necks so that it can be engineered better in future iterations. The capture of KPI is itself a very challenging task."

KPI – Key Performance Indicators | itmusings
    01-05-2012 07:26 AM
    Scroll on down and check what KPI Logger service has access to and can use. The exact same as Carrier IQ
    01-06-2012 10:08 AM
    Scroll on down and check what KPI Logger service has access to and can use. The exact same as Carrier IQ
    While I agree that those permissions make me nervous, having the same permissions doesn't necessarily mean they are doing the same thing. I'm not saying it's not possible, but, from what I read it didn't sound like it was the same as Carrier IQ. I'm not saying you are wrong, but, I REALLY hope you are.
    01-06-2012 10:24 AM
    My Fascinate from Verizon has a very similar program with the same access, And just a short time a go they added another program that has even more access, no notice, no opt out, just added.
    01-06-2012 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD