Bluetooth driver problem

Hotweelz

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I try to send a file after phone is paired with my computer and it tries to install bluetooth drivers but fails. I've looked around for drivers but keep coming up empty. Not even any luck from Motorola site. Anyone know how to remedy this? Thanks.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You mean your computer needs drivers, but, the install fails? If your phone is already paired with your computer, why would you need drivers? If your phone pairs, then, you'd think it was functioning properly. What are you using to send the files? An app? I use the app Bluetooth File Transfer and have had great success transferring between phones as well as phone/computer.

Hotweelz

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I will try to clarify a little.

I send various files back and forth from my computer and phone. I like using the convenience of bluetooth. I've added my other phones as bluetooth devices that can communicate with my computer. When I did this the computer automatically searched for proper bluetooth drivers and loaded them. When I tried this with my X2 ,my computer couldn't find the proper drivers for bluetooth communication between itself and the phone. So it gave me a message that driver installation failed.

You can pair a device with a computer. All this does is allow the devices initial communication I believe. You need proper drivers for each device, because they are not all the same unfortunately, so each device will work properly.

I just use the standard bluetooth program that's on my comp. It's is just a bluetooth icon on my dock. It works fine with all my other devices.

So ultimately if the proper Motorola X2 drivers aren't loaded then it's not going to work right.

Other info that might help:

Running windows 7 64bit

Hope this clarifies a little.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I send various files back and forth from my computer and phone. I like using the convenience of bluetooth.

Gotcha, I generally use my wireless network, but, I have messed around with bluetooth a little. If you continue to have problems and can't resolve them, you can always fall back on that, provided you have a wireless router.

You can pair a device with a computer. All this does is allow the devices initial communication I believe. You need proper drivers for each device, because they are not all the same unfortunately, so each device will work properly. Could be remembering incorrectly though.

This I'm not so sure about. I have already successfully paired my phone to my computer, so, I can't really guarantee this because I don't want to have to redo it. But, as I recall, I did not need to install any drivers.

Running windows 7 64bit

I also run Windows 7 64 bit. As I said, I don't recall having to install any drivers. If I did, it was all done seamlessly by Windows, as, I don't remember having to go to the Motorola site, or, googling for drivers.

A couple of things. I know you have had success pairing other phones to your computer, just the X2 wont work. But, do you have another computer with bluetooth? Maybe you could try and pair your X2 with that. Or, if you have a friend or work computer you could use as a test, that would be good. If you can pair the device with another computer, at least we know it's a problem with the computer, if you can't, we can assume it's the phone. Probably need to figure that out first, ya know? Sounds like it's the phone, but, good to narrow down the problem.

Second, sometimes when there are driver issues, you'll see a white flag in the system tray. Do you have this icon? If so, click it and see if there are any driver issues Windows wants to resolve.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
A couple of things. I know you have had success pairing other phones to your computer, just the X2 wont work. But, do you have another computer with bluetooth? Maybe you could try and pair your X2 with that. Or, if you have a friend or work computer you could use as a test, that would be good. If you can pair the device with another computer, at least we know it's a problem with the computer, if you can't, we can assume it's the phone. Probably need to figure that out first, ya know? Sounds like it's the phone, but, good to narrow down the problem.

Second, sometimes when there are driver issues, you'll see a white flag in the system tray. Do you have this icon? If so, click it and see if there are any driver issues Windows wants to resolve.

Did you try these things? The second one will only happen if you are running Windows 7, don't think that made it to Vista, maybe... but I don't remember it in XP and I think XP is out of support.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion. I tried both.

Thanks again for the help!

No worries. How old is your phone? If it's not too old you might want to try and get it replaced. At least call Verizon. If you gotta call a couple of times. Do it. If that gets you no where, call Motorola and complain.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine is a Galaxy Nexus. I might give it a try. I've been having it drop data signals too.

Ahh, that's not good. Well, should be less than a year old then and covered under warranty. Give Verizon a call, they'll troubleshoot for you over the phone and if they can't fix it, they should overnight you a new one with a return box for your old one.

Post back with results!!:D

weber3040

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the Droid 4 and recently connceted it to my computer as well in windows 7 32-bit and it also has somehwere around 6 or 7 devices that it needs drivers for and says it cannot find the correct driver. Ive attached a screenshot of my device manager and droid 4 properties as connected to my computer. Any ideas?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, if it connected to your computer, it's working, no?

Try using the Windows 7 Bluetooth menu to add it as a device. I'm not sure how you are doing it now, but, you shouldn't need whatever that third party software is, or the device manager (I just checked, I don't even have anything like "Other Devices" with Bluetooth info under it). Just right click the Bluetooth icon in your system tray and use the menu options there to try and figure it out. From all the menus there, you should be able to get your computer and phone connected.

whiteram

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Same Problem here with my Droid RAZR. It will only install driver that will allow the phone to be used as a modem. The 4 other drivers fail. Ive tried linking bluetooth with a year old desktop, and a brand new laptop. same problem. I had the same problem with my DroidX. I got frustrated an gave up.
To communicate with the PC via Bluetooth, It does in fact need ahve bluetooth drivers installed. Microsoft does not develop drivers for 3rd party hardware. Motorola needs to get off thier butts here and develop a compatable driver for the operating system. very dissapointing! :-\

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Same Problem here with my Droid RAZR. It will only install driver that will allow the phone to be used as a modem. The 4 other drivers fail. Ive tried linking bluetooth with a year old desktop, and a brand new laptop. same problem. I had the same problem with my DroidX. I got frustrated an gave up.
To communicate with the PC via Bluetooth, It does in fact need ahve bluetooth drivers installed. Microsoft does not develop drivers for 3rd party hardware. Motorola needs to get off thier butts here and develop a compatable driver for the operating system. very dissapointing! :-\

I don't remember installing any drivers for my X2 on either of my Windows 7 boxes. If it did so, it did so behind the scenes, because I don't remember any driver dialogue boxes or anything. If I can, I will try and verify this with a friend's phone when I get a chance.

goddss6

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine was doing the same thing... I finally figured it out... (droid razr & windows 7 64bit)
Right click on your bluetooth icon on your PC. Select "Show Bluetooth Devices" from the drop-down menu.
Once that pops up, select the device you want to connect to. Right click on that device. On the drop-down menu, select "connect using" and then it should pop-up with a drop-down that says access point...
Now you should be able to send/receive files between your pc and phone....
Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781