Can't figure out how to play downloaded ringtone..

Bank of Dad

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded a ringtone from the market. Its on the phone cause I can see the icon and play the music. But I cannot figure out how to install it as a ringtone. I have downloaded several from Zedge and they work fine.

Any ideas how to make this work? I am a real Nubee when it comes to this phone, so specific help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You have to install ringtones? Are you sure? Never downloaded any, only used stock ringtones and songs.

Can you play the file using your stock music player? If you can, from in there you can set it as your ringtone using the menu.

Bank of Dad

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to sound so dumb, but I don't have any music downloaded on the phone. The music icon says no files available. The "play music " icon (from Google Play) shows the one ringtone I downloaded, and it will play when I tap it.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
When you tap it, how does it play? Does it open up the music player? If so, from within there, if you hit menu, there is an option for set as ring tone.

Additionally, have you tried going into Sounds and setting it as a ringtone from there? it might find it. Your music player is smart enough to find music wherever it is, so, I would think that the ringtone menu would be smart enough to find ringtones. Maybe not though.

Bank of Dad

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
So frustrating. Music player shows no files, can't make sounds--ringtones bring up this song, although it is there under google player.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
What is Google Player? Whatever it is, have you tried pressing the menu button from there and looking for an option to set as ringtone?

Bank of Dad

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Google player?? Darned if I know. I had to download it to get this ring tone. When I hit menu, no option comes up to add to ring tones. And i paid a whole 99cents for this ringtone. I searched somewhere on the internet and found something that said some thing on Google player (some type of a music playing app) could not be made into a ringtone.

I'm going to let my son try to figure it out. Thanks anyway.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Did you try browsing to the file and selecting it? It might open with your default music player. If it opens with Google Player automatically, you might need to clear the defaults for Google Player so it doesn't play through that. If so, you have to go into Manage Apps, select Google Player, then clear defaults. The next time you select the file, it should ask you what app to use to open it, with an option to make it the default.

Reactions: Bank of Dad

Bank of Dad

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
So my kid came over today, redownloaded the tune to my desk top, emailed it to me, opened the email on my phone, did something else, can't remember what, and now it works. I feel old and stupid.

Thanks for your help.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
No problem. Sorry I couldn't figure it out for ya, but, thanks for hittin the Thanks button anyway. And, it's okay, everyone's gotta learn. Maybe you should ask him to show you for when you get your next ringtone. :p

Phantum00

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Go into ur apps find file go to SD card cause that's where all the ringtones and videos and pics are and find I think its called my sounds find the one you want click on it it will play it hit ur menu button next to your button with the house om it and it will say in the bottom left side use as ringtone click on it and it will set it as your ringtone

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Go into ur apps find file go to SD card cause that's where all the ringtones and videos and pics are and find I think its called my sounds find the one you want click on it it will play it hit ur menu button next to your button with the house om it and it will say in the bottom left side use as ringtone click on it and it will set it as your ringtone

I already suggested that earlier in the Thread. :p

MtnLiving

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I just went through the same thing. Hit your menu button & hit "All Apps". Then go to "Downloads" Hopefully your downloaded ringtone will be there. Click on it & WHILE IT IS PLAYING, hit the menu button again on the bottom. A bar will appear across the bottom that has the choice "Set as Ringtone", click on it & wala.....it will set it as your ringtone. I have a Droid Incredible & this is how I did it. Good Luck!

kalaichelvan.a

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Download "iPhone Ringtones Pack" from market and go to ringtones menu and then select the ringtone. Once you choose which ringtone you want to set as your ringtone, press and hold the ringtone. A list of menu appears and select "set as ringtone"

That's it. It supports all the android powered phone from version 2.1 and above.

Larry Clay

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded a ringtone from the market. Its on the phone cause I can see the icon and play the music. But I cannot figure out how to install it as a ringtone. I have downloaded several from Zedge and they work fine.

Any ideas how to make this work? I am a real Nubee when it comes to this phone, so specific help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Nursepati

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the EXACT same issue as Bank of Dad. I downloaded Happy. I can go to it and click on play--and hear it. I see it in the list of options with all the rest of the stock ringtones. I select save as ringtone or whatever it said. Click OK. Then I call the phone and there's no Happy. And, I'll tell you...with all this grief THERE IS NO HAPPY!

The AT&T guy said to go to Myxer, but I don't see Happy there. It's definitely installed on my phone since I can play it, but it won't make the leap to be the ringtone. Aaarrrgh!!
Advice?

goomba17345

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Me too, argh, and I paid for it!! I have never seen something so impossible in my life! and I'm way smarter than these smartphones, my iphone asked me what and how I wanted to set it when it was done downloading, and it looks as if my droid wants us to use google play for apps etc??? How bothersome...:mad:

Omkar Deshpande1

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to budge in like this but i downloaded a ringtone. It show in the music player. When i set it as my ringtone, it shows the new one, yet when the phone rings the old one plays. I tried everything. I downloaded from three different sites, then i tried downloading it on my laptop and then transferring it to my phone through an OTG. Nothing seems to work. Please help. I want that ringtone real bad. My device is an Xperia M C1904 and it's running android 4.3 Jellybean. Please help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2