Droid X2 updated to 2.3.5

villaire

May 10, 2012
Visit site
my X2 was push upgraded yesterday and it totally screwed my phone. it now constantly reboots about every 30 seconds. What's up with that? i'm not rooted or overclocked or anything, not hacked at all

HeadAcheJoe

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Finally allowed the update this morning. Admittedly, it feels a little "snappier", but that could just be due to the reboot and clearing the RAM.

The only big thing I've noticed is now my auto-correct doesn't work for crap. ?!?

lyndamarlena

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
my X2 was push upgraded yesterday and it totally screwed my phone. it now constantly reboots about every 30 seconds. What's up with that? i'm not rooted or overclocked or anything, not hacked at all

have you figured out what is going on with your phone? Mine just updated this morning and it is constantly rebooting, VERY IRRITATING....i cannot even make a call or pull up a website without it rebooting. The widgets are taking forever to load and it will reboot before they are done loading as well....

Last edited:

garyhavener

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
have you figured out what is going on with your phone? Mine just updated this morning and it is constantly rebooting, VERY IRRITATING....i cannot even make a call or pull up a website without it rebooting. The widgets are taking forever to load and it will reboot before they are done loading as well....

Someone in another post said they contacted verizon because their phone was doing the same thing after the upgrade and verizon is sending them a new phone.

marlin_rhonda

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info!! My Droid X2 has been freezing and locking up on me, at first, I thought maybe it was an app i had downloaded so I uninstalled and it just got worse. I had to continually take the battery out and reboot, cleaned out cache, couldn't do anything on my phone for no longer than 15 minutes and it would lock up. I called Motorola first because knowing Verizon, they would just tell me to do a factory reset, which I was trying to avoid, but they weren't much help either. They had me do a factory reset and i guess I'm back to the older version because I still have Google Market and not Play, I think Verizon should take responsibility and fix this issue. I have been searching the internet for anyone else have these problems and seen that lots of people are having this same issue since new update; however, no one had any answers. Thanks for the posts and I will be taking mine back for a new one. After all, isn't it about " customer satisfaction?" Yea, we'll see....Thanks Verizon..... :-\

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You still have Google Market and not Play? When you open Market it doesn't automatically take you to an update? As far as I remember, my update to Play was completely independent of any update to Android (could be wrong though).

And, thankfully I have not had any issues since 2.3.5. Except my battery life has been horrible, but, I don't think I'm alone on that one. :'(

Well, it's really not Verizon's fault. It's Moto's fault. But, if it's been less than a year since you bought the phone (or you have Verizon's TEC) you should definitely return it. You shouldn't have to put up with that. Make sure to come back and let us know how that goes. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech