Hey guys, i've tried to root my android countless amounts of times, and I cannot figure out why it won't work, I need some help, I would like to SBF back to Froyo and re-root as it was a hell of alot easier to root froyo instead of gingerbread. I've tried the one click rooters, nothing worked, no errors, just said "root failed", and I'm too scared to manually root because I'm afraid I'll screw up my droid, so I've come here to ask you guys for help, if you can give me detailed steps on manually rooting my droid x2, that would be very helpful for me.

Thanks

-Mason
    06-11-2012 01:27 AM
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=18674263

HowTo: Root your Motorola Droid X2 - UPDATED [14DEC2011]

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    06-11-2012 07:57 AM
    Ok, I've tried that, now I get an error saying that my droid is only a read-only flie system, I have some experience in linux terminal, would it possibly work if I used it on a linux system, instead of windows 7?
    06-11-2012 04:10 PM
    Would this work for a d2 or just for the x2?

My bad I seen d2 at the top at though it was for that device
    Sent from my DROID RAZR
    06-11-2012 04:18 PM
    Ok, I've tried that, now I get an error saying that my droid is only a read-only flie system, I have some experience in linux terminal, would it possibly work if I used it on a linux system, instead of windows 7?
    Try to do it on a XP machine if you have one

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    06-11-2012 04:21 PM
    Try to do it on a XP machine if you have one

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Ok, I have a triple boot computer, Windows 7, Ubuntu, and XP

I had no success in rooting on windows XP. Now what? :/
    06-11-2012 04:25 PM
    How can I fix the "Read Only Filesystem", that's what is causing the problem, I bought this phone off of ebay, not knowing anything about droids at the time, so could it be a problem with the phone itself? Or is it just my PC? I wish I knew these things, but I don't. :/
    06-11-2012 07:23 PM
    How can I fix the "Read Only Filesystem", that's what is causing the problem, I bought this phone off of ebay, not knowing anything about droids at the time, so could it be a problem with the phone itself? Or is it just my PC? I wish I knew these things, but I don't. :/
    You can eliminate the PC being a problem by trying it on another PC if you have one accessible to you.
    06-12-2012 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD