X2 wont turn on - sits on eye screen

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Im having a problem with my X2. It doesn't actually have service right now. My daughter uses it just for music and wifi games. Last week my other daughter changed the background to a pic they took and it shut down the phone. When we went to turn it back on it just sits on the red eye screen and spins. After a few mins the screen dims and it goes black. Then randomly (a few mins to a few hours later) it turns itself back on and again sits on the eye screen. I know for a 110% fact they didn't go online with it or delete anything or make any changes other than taking a pic and turning it into the back ground. It does this while plugged in and unplugged. I cant get the thing turned on! It isn't rooted or anything and was only used for a month before I went back to my Droid 3. I would like to turn it on without losing anything if possible (its full of my old unsaved pics) but if wiping it is the only way to get it working I guess I will do it. I just don't know how! Any ideas or help? Thanks.

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
try adding a battery pull

safe mode
pull battery and wait for 15 secs
Press and hold Menu.
replace battery
Power the device on.
Press and hold the Power button for 3-5 seconds.
Hold the Menu button until Safe mode appears (located in the lower left).
While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed apps.
Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device.
If the device works properly, install apps one at a time to identify the app causing the problem.

wiping data
pull battery and wait for 15 secs
Press and hold Volume down. replace battery, then press the Power button (approx. 3-5 seconds) to power the device on. Continue holding Volume down.
When Fastboot appears (located at the top), release Volume down.
Press Volume down to select Android Recovery then press Volume up.
When presented with the Android screen, simultaneously press Volume up/down.
Press Volume down to select wipe data/factory reset then press the Power button.
Press Volume down to select Yes -- delete all user data then press the Power button.
When the data wipe is complete, ensure reboot system now is selected then press the Power button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz