Release Date?

e-dawg

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Released or not to be released, that is the question. First it's coming, then it's not coming. A rumor here and a rumor there.

Are the people at VZW utterly f******g stupid? Inbred perhaps? At this rate I will forsake any upgrades and abandon ship to another company that can deliver stellar phone that isn't a crappy re-hash from models ago.

VZW can KMA...

Sprint or T-Mobile, here I come...

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
the same

Released or not to be released, that is the question. First it's coming, then it's not coming. A rumor here and a rumor there.

Are the people at VZW utterly f******g stupid? Inbred perhaps? At this rate I will forsake any upgrades and abandon ship to another company that can deliver stellar phone that isn't a crappy re-hash from models ago.

VZW can KMA...

Sprint or T-Mobile, here I come...

I feel the same damn way. I been waiting for the longest and nothing. Verizon always up in the air about we don't release devices till we are sure about so and so. Thats such crap cause look at the issues with what they hold off on anyways, I like options and seems other companies a turning them out faster. I may suffer in terms of service but then again. Its a short sale to being able to chose from a wide variety.

cromag.rickman

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not surprised it didn't show up in this document. It hasn't been officially announced yet, and the last place they want it to show up would be in something like this before they have a chance to do a press release.

To educated Android followers like us, the internal spec increase makes a huge difference, but to the AVERAGE consumer who sees the same body style will assume it's a minor refresh. There's no need for Verizon to hype it because they have to play to the largest consumer base who will not see the DroidX2 for what it really is, a BIG upgrade.

I see this one slipping under the radar, just showing up one day with little fanfare. Kind of how they did with the Storm 2 replacing the original Storm. And that's fine by me :)

bhcohen7

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not surprised it didn't show up in this document. It hasn't been officially announced yet, and the last place they want it to show up would be in something like this before they have a chance to do a press release.

To educated Android followers like us, the internal spec increase makes a huge difference, but to the AVERAGE consumer who sees the same body style will assume it's a minor refresh. There's no need for Verizon to hype it because they have to play to the largest consumer base who will not see the DroidX2 for what it really is, a BIG upgrade.

I see this one slipping under the radar, just showing up one day with little fanfare. Kind of how they did with the Storm 2 replacing the original Storm. And that's fine by me :)

Aren't you concerned the lack of an official release date announcement means it probably won't be released on May 12?

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Aren't you concerned the lack of an official release date announcement means it probably won't be released on May 12?

If it isn't talked up Monday or so it probably won't be released next week. Given that the Droid Charge is still awaiting a release, I'd expect the DX2 to get bumped back a couple weeks to make room for its launch.

I know that to enthusiasts it's better to have more releases as soon as possible, but from VZWs point of view they want to differentiate the marketing for the devices, so I would expect the Droid Charge's launch to be the limiting factor on a DX2 launch.

sethman2010

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Aw come on, let's maintain some optimism! I'm dying over here with my dumb phone, can't wait to upgrade!

I don't believe they mentioned anything about the Droid Inc 2 until a few days prior to its Thursday release?

Although I suppose either way, looks good that it at least WILL be released, just a matter of when.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Seriously the DX2 would get pushed back for the Charge, one is 3G the other is 4G, I don't see a real concern there. I also don't see the DX2 as receiving any high promo stuff like the Droid Charge. The 4G phones are getting the hype, not 3G phones. Those can be slotted in without too much fanfare.

sethman2010

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Raptor, sorry you mean the Dx2 wouldn't get pushed back for a 4g device?

I believe you are right, like we've seen with the Droid Inc 2, little fanfare for the new 3g devices. Which is fine with me! I hope to have my hands on a new x2 soon!

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I doubt Motorola wants to see the marketing of the DX2 handled like the Dinc2, considering they don't have a 4G phone coming out for several months. Not that I think VZW would push it as much as the Thunderbolt or the Charge, but I'd expect to see a little bit more push for the DX2 (remember that marketing costs and decisions are shared between carrier and manufacturer).

bhcohen7

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm frustrated a phone with a 1GHz dual-core processor and a qHD screen is not getting publicity in advance of an expected May 12 release date - even if it is a 3G phone.

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Who cars if it gets publicity. Its a 3G phone and iam fine with that. Maybe with so little publicity the price is going to be lower.

bhcohen7

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Who cars if it gets publicity. Its a 3G phone and iam fine with that. Maybe with so little publicity the price is going to be lower.

I'm not concerned about the publicity. I'm concerned the lack of publicity means the phone won't be released on May 12. I've been waiting to ditch my Storm 1 for a decent phone. I think the DX2 will tide me over until the Bionic is released - whenever that happens.

JakesPrePlus

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Damn it, I just paid full retail for my Thunderbolt (and iPhone 4, Fascinate, and Droid 2 all since August) and now I want this too. I prefer the Thunderbolt's form factor and I MUCH prefer Sense to Ninja Blur, but the DX2's specs are pretty awesome, especially since I had no 4G coverage anywhere near me. I'll check it out in the store and hopefully won't be so impressed that I'll have to buy it too.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that is a lot of phones, do you still have them all? I sold my TB a couple of weeks ago and was looking for something new w/ better battery life with equal RAM and dual core. Wondering if I should have kept my TB. Fortunately they are going for around $450 new on eBay.

Hopefully something new hits this week or some kind of leaked info.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
The Droid X2 would be great for people without 4G anytime soon, but it could have really used a front facing camera. I would recommended it to my brother but he may want the FFC and in that case, the Charge may be a better choice, or even the DInc 2.

Jager#CB

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I travel out to rural areas quite a bit and 4G/LTE technology is a ways away from being mainstream in these areas at least in the near future. The timing of the x2's release suites my needs perfectly for now. (2 year contract with my Droid is up on June 13th).

cromag.rickman

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

Of course I want it to come out sooner than later, but no, the lack of an official announcement does not have me worried yet. Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if it just shows up on the website. Maybe an announcement the day of, and that's it. We can hope, anyway. I can see them advertising with web ads and commercials after it's released, but no pre-sale hype.

sethman2010

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm concerned about the rumored May 12 release date.

I took a look at a couple of Verizon's past releases, the Droid Inc 2 and Thunderbolt, and see that Verizon has issued a press release announcing the device 2 days prior, or the Tuesday prior to the Thursday release in each case. It did the same for the Droid 2 as well back in 2010.

Haven't heard anything about the X2 today? I'm getting anxious!

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I desperately searching for a new phone to ditch my storm 1 for and am considering this one..so a may 12 release would be awesome....