11-27-2011 08:45 PM
79 ... 234
tools
    Nice thread, couldn't wait for my X2 come from flebay
    09-08-2011 02:11 AM
    I just came to the Droid X2 from the Bionic. The Bionic had some serious issues with signal connectivity, capacitive button light leakage, and display quality. I LOVE the DX2 and definitely don't regret my decision in any way. It is a great phone for sure. I love the display, despite what others may say. The form factor is fantastic IMO and call quality was great so far.
    09-14-2011 09:24 AM
    On November 11th I activated my DX2... today I shipped it back.

I fought that phone from the moment I received. I found the screen to consistently freeze and hang when trying to use it. Useing the phone or entering text of any kind was frustrating. I downloaded the most recent Android update, tried different keyboards, cleared the data of the original keyboard etc. It seemed to be working a bit better yesterday then today nothing but problems again. So its on a FedEx truck right now...

I went back to my trusty Droid (original) and the screens just fly. It's pretty sad that a two year old phone would outperform the DX2 that way. I know that not everyone has had issues like I had, however my research showed that a number of people do have complaints about issues with the touchscreen response.

I'm not sure what I'll do now... I'll probably wait a few days and see what develops with the Nexus. That might be the ticket for me...
    11-16-2011 04:18 PM
    Had the droid x2 for 2 weeks now, figured I'd add my 2

It is important to note that I purchased it from ebay so there may be some quirks that a new unit wouldn't have.

Build quality: absolutely awesome. Lots of high quality metal, the rim is a nice smooth metal, while the rest of the phone is a nice soft touch coated metal. Buttons all have a nice click to them. The glass is fairly finger print resistant and seems pretty scratch resistant too! Coming from an ipod touch 2nd gen I have top say that the touch screen is just as responsive and overall the only thing I don't like about it is the weight. But thats the price you pay

Software: absolutely suuuucccckkks!!!!!!! Constantly crashes, freezes, and lags. Most of that I blame on the terrible motoblur overlay. I cannot express how much of an improvement ice cream sandwich will be (got all androids). The ipod touch I had been using ran off of 128mb of ram and a 533mh processor, but it had hardware acceleration, and all the interactions were silky smith, no lag. No crashes too! However it isn't all bad, the dual core chip I'm this means that flash plays back wondefully, games run smooth. Multitasking causes a lot of "hiccups" but I again think that is motoblur, not gingerbread. Oh, forgot to mention that cut and paste sucks to the point of not even working.

Camera: great in well lit areas without lots of movement. There is alot of noise when you get into anything but perfect conditions. The default camera app is good though, enough settings without being overwhelming. Overall the quality is pretty disappointng though.

Overall: a little disappointing. The great hardware (dual core processor, screen, camera) are really held back by motoblur and I will definitely be flashing to eclipse as soon as possible. that said, you can find a good condition droid x2 for pretty cheap on ebay, and for thee right price, this phone is a great
    choice.
    Bobbman likes this.
    11-27-2011 08:45 PM
79 ... 234