According to the Boy Genius Report it is there, but not activated. Take a look at the top right and it looks like something is there.

Thoughts?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    05-31-2011 01:58 PM
    What, it is beyond me to say why Moto would do this?
    05-31-2011 02:49 PM
    Who knows, they put a non working SD card slot on the Xoom, so anything is possible.

05-31-2011 05:23 PM
    I'm not sure of the article that mentions this, but there is an interesting thing next to the earpiece. If you look at it carefully, starting from the left, you have LED notifications bulb, the earpiece, and then the proximity sensor. I assumed that the two slots were just an IF emitter and receiver, (i.e. infrared camera).

I suppose it could be an unactivated low-quality FFC, but I doubt it.
    05-31-2011 05:42 PM
    Its a proxy sensor and the light sensor, no ffc, BGR dropped the ball on that by printing it.
    06-01-2011 09:30 AM
    Mine has a an extra button to stop time as well as a death ray......
    Jeremyt41 likes this.
    06-01-2011 09:35 AM
    If it really did have the ffc I'd be buying it. So I agree that BGR screwed up by printing that if that's not what it is. It's an actual deal breaker for some of us (it not having one).
    06-01-2011 11:49 AM
    It gets worse. He implies that the X1 didn't have HDMI. He says that when you press the app drawer button on the home screen, your apps don't appear. He also says that under moderate-heavy sporadic use (whatever that means) he got 3 days on the battery charge. Did he even pick up the phone?
    06-01-2011 12:12 PM
    OMG SWEET mine only has a a button that breaks all iphones in the surrounding area haha
    06-01-2011 01:13 PM
    BGR used to be an awesome site but it's gradually gone to the dogs over the past 2 years or so. What a shame.

I am stunned to see the disparity between these Droid X2 reviews. Most of them don't even comment about the Pentile screen and/or the new partitioning method for the internal storage. And the comments of the still image and video capture recording quality seem to range from "great" to "passable" to "horrible" depending on which review you read.
    06-01-2011 01:30 PM
    BGR used to be an awesome site but it's gradually gone to the dogs over the past 2 years or so. What a shame.

I am stunned to see the disparity between these Droid X2 reviews. Most of them don't even comment about the Pentile screen and/or the new partitioning method for the internal storage. And the comments of the still image and video capture recording quality seem to range from "great" to "passable" to "horrible" depending on which review you read.
    Sounds like they screwed up big time on this review.

06-01-2011 05:10 PM
    I can't tell you how shocked I am that it has no ffc and still has the physical buttons. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have those specs. But I remember thinking when I got my x1, "i can't wait til they put the x2 out with a ffc and capacitive buttons" (the evo had just dropped and these seemed like glaring omissions).
    Well, i'd still love to have a dual core phone, so I may just have to do it anyway.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    06-05-2011 12:01 AM
    i know everyone is making a fuss about the ffc... but it would be one of the least used things on the phone for the vast majority of people. and coming from the incredible, i do miss the capacitive buttons, but i'm also kinda glad they're gone. it was too easy sliding and "hitting" them playing a game, or flipping through things. Those will always be a personal preference, its not a "this is just plain better" argument so you can't call moto wrong on using physical buttons.

i like the note on variance of camera review also... very true. Mostly born out of bias vs real testing, which would mean comparing at a very close level, almost if not pixel level. in comparance to other phones i've had this is on par or better. and what other phone has triple mics for video recording?
    06-05-2011 03:23 PM
    The reason I got this over the xperia play (other than the lack of internal memory and singlecoreness) because of the lack of capacitive buttons. My G1 never accidently went home or opened a menu, like the poor DROID I got did.

Also, im not too saddened by this misinformation. I didn't get this device for an ffc anyway.
    06-05-2011 04:04 PM
    too funny
    06-05-2011 04:49 PM
    Ihaven: I have to totally agree, I would only probably use it with maybe one person...it's funny, all the evo users I know, I've never seen one of them use it.
    Stagger0: I think maybe I like the physical buttons better myself.

In summary, I'm not really griping, it's just more of a surprise thing. I'm sure their focus groups told them the same things, so I guess it just makes sense.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    06-05-2011 04:50 PM
    Just picked up two of these and can't say that I miss the FFC but my fiance who likes Skype was pretty bummed. As for the physical buttons I kind of like them vs. capacitive buttons. Just my experience though, nothing can replace that nice physical "click" imo.
    07-12-2011 03:22 PM
    Mine has an extra button that transforms it into alittle autobot
    it suks i wanted decepticon version
    07-14-2013 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD