Why such low ram available?

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
A buddy of mine at work was having me look at his X2 and I installed System Panel and was like wow why is your ram so low I think it was at 38 available.... So i kill the apps and it jumped to like 140ish but then quickly dropped back down to around 100... My question is, Is it all the bloatware that takes up so much ram or what? I know the 2X processor makes up for some slack but I mean his X2 is less than a week old with hardly any apps and it get bogged down to 30mb available thats just crazy!

gregom

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah its a pretty low amount of RAM. I'll need to start keeping track of memory usage and such to see what is really going on.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
A buddy of mine at work was having me look at his X2 and I installed System Panel and was like wow why is your ram so low I think it was at 38 available.... So i kill the apps and it jumped to like 140ish but then quickly dropped back down to around 100... My question is, Is it all the bloatware that takes up so much ram or what? I know the 2X processor makes up for some slack but I mean his X2 is less than a week old with hardly any apps and it get bogged down to 30mb available thats just crazy!

That's what RAM is for. It loads programs so that things open up quicker when you want them to. The interanl memory manager uses the space that it has. If you look at the Task Manager, you can see all the programs that are loaded into RAM. However, if you notice they almost all using 0% CPU. Don;t worry about your RAM. Let Android worry about it.