Wifi tether to Nook Color

burkett1974

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to tether my Droid X2 to my Nook color. I am using Open Garden and have everything configured correctly as my PC can connect just fine. However, the wifi hotspot is not visible on my Nook Color. The wifi is showing as an ad-hoc network on my pc, but it lets me connect to the internet just fine. Are the Android devices (Nook Color to be exact) not able to connect to ad-hoc networks? Is there a way to make the Droid X2 show up as anything other than ad-hoc on the tether side of things?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

burkett1974

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
So I am guessing that no one on this forum has used wifi tether with the DX2?

I am not asking for someone to develop software, I just need confirmation that this is expected behavior so I can ensure that I have not setup anything incorrectly.

mact

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Is hot spot activated

Carrier may have it off or subject to separate fee.

??

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

burkett1974

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Not a matter of it being activated by the carrier as I stated in my original post that the computer connects just fine. I was just curious as to the state of the connection being an ad-hoc connection rather than an infrastructure.

There does not seem to be a very active support system for the DX2 in these forums or others for that matter. Looks like I will be buying a new phone with better community support behind it very soon! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12