I have been using my Droid X2 I purchased since its release date and have been overall pleased with its performance. Upon receiving the device I noticed that while switching between the 7 stock homepages that there was some lag while doing so... mostly on pages with widgets. So, as most people do, I installed Go Launcher and Launcher Pro to my phone. I chose to stick with Launcher Pro. It has been working great up until now. Every time I exit an app such as K-9 Mail, Dolphin Browser, and at times even something as simple as a settings page, all of the widgets and apps have to reload. This used to only happen occasionally, but now it seems it happens almost every time. My two questions are:
    1. Why is this happening?? My dad's original X has no problems like this while running Launcher Pro.
    2. Is there a way I can fix it?
    All thoughts and comments are welcome!
    06-22-2011 01:33 PM
    I had this problem for the last couple of days. I shut down and restarted my phone last night before I went to sleep, and this morning the problem is gone. The home page is right there immediately after exiting any app.
    06-22-2011 02:26 PM
    From what I understand it is related to Motorola BLUR's inefficient management of memory. It can build up after a while. Maybe the Gingerbread update will help?
    06-22-2011 02:46 PM
    I had this problem for the last couple of days. I shut down and restarted my phone last night before I went to sleep, and this morning the problem is gone. The home page is right there immediately after exiting any app.
    I also found that to be the case. When I turn my phone on in the morning after charging over night it works fine, but at the end of the day it starts again.....
    06-22-2011 03:44 PM
    From what I understand it is related to Motorola BLUR's inefficient management of memory. It can build up after a while. Maybe the Gingerbread update will help?
    That's what I've heard from some other forums as well. I sure hope that the gingerbread update helps fix it!
    06-22-2011 03:46 PM
    Anyone have any idea of a way to stop it from happening aside from periodic shutdowns and reboots?
    06-22-2011 03:47 PM
    Anyone have any ideas? Would rooting it using Gingerbreak solve this problem by any chance or should I just wait for the official Gingerbread update?
    06-22-2011 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD